View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #13
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
TL;DR, but you are predictable.

j/k.

Lighten up, fuck! I am a current EVO user and have multiple phones with them. I was confirming that those apps have not been blocked...ever. Never saw them blocked on my wife's phones or when I switched to "smartphone" early last year.

I was sure of myself in the EVO needing root, but you gave me doubts. You post some quite knowledgeable info on this subject. Then I read some decks threads at XDA and I see he was at one point working on a nonroot app for tether but said screw it. So there is and will not be a nonroot option for it.

Now I don't know if I am communicating it right or you are not understanding, Sprint does keep tabs on data use. Sorry, that was not necessary. Just like piracy, most are not affected by it, BUT it is a possibility, and Sprint does use "throttling" of speeds as a means to provide a better experience for all customers. One of their CEOs/CFOs/whoever they are was interviewed and he says it like twice. It is a small percentage, but it does happen and could happen. Yes, they advertise "Unlimited". They have their bases covered. We also this year lost many of the perks that we were entitled to. I lost my upgrade, which is six months from now instead of this month. As far as I am concerned, with the quality of service accounted for, the best thing about going all the way is adding data roaming and unlimited roaming. Because Sprint would suck endlessly beyond compare because their signal is so advanced I hit roaming if I enter a building. AND the roaming is better than the Sprint coverage! @1x my speeds are higher on average than when I am in Sprint 3g. The 4g has been really kicking ass. Don't know what's up there but no bitching. Hit over 4M the first time the other day. That shit is flying these days. This entire summer and fall it was nonexistent.

I should point out I have became a high data user.

That said, using the device and service for means other than you enter into could have an effect on other users, and by entering into that agreement with the provider, then tethering otherwise, and then them even suggesting it to you and you denying it because you can, is dishonesty. Do not be shocked if dishonest acts attract consequences at some point. If a technology exists for us to circumvent, then a tech exists to know.

Was there anything in there I should defend, be offended by, or react to, or give you the finger for, btw, because I really didn't read all that shit.

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote