View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #11
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
No, he HAS to root to tether on an EVO. All the apps that require root, barnacles &wi-fi tether, will be available to him. They do not block that shit. He cannot just flip a switch and run, Sprint does have a close eye on spikes in data use. They do not ask if you are tethering, they just send you a letter saying fuck off. They also throttle, trust me. There is lots of tiny little print in their shit. If you use your phone twice a day, sure it is truly unlimited. But they are not stupid, and it is best to just be honest and if you are not do not be dishonest by giving the "I viewed it on my PC" line. They have spotty coverage and poor coverage in too many areas, they have iPhones now and their idea of "Unlimited" is "Unlimited to the average customer who uses the phone for calls and a few texts and a little bit of data". The reason they charge for wireless tethering is pretty common sense. I mean, fuck, most people have routers in their homes, at work, at the cafe they lunch at. The service is for people who don't have internet in certain situations. Not for those of us tech savvy enough to avoid paying for something. But paying that high fee for the occasional must use moment is absurd, which makes having a rooted evo with the Sprint app "*fixed" like insurance. He really should not use it much, and if he does, his speeds and service may suffer if it becomes an abused habit.

Who knows, maybe he can work it out, if he needs it, to pay for the wireless tether and a plan that covers what data he uses. Could come out cheaper.

Data is data, too. That's like a fat girl saying she didn't eat 12 donuts because she had them implanted in her stomach. Really doesn't matter how it got there.

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote