Darksiders 2 is finally here, I should have my copy by this afternoon. Probably my most anticipated game of the entire year, really can't wait to play it.
I guess the review embargo isn't up yet, because there are basically no reviews as of now, but it doesn't matter, I think we all know the Game of the Year for 2012 will come down to Borderlands 2 and Darksiders 2.
- 25+ Hours of Gameplay on main campaign path. Almost doubled if you go for 100% completion.
- 4 main areas, each as big as the whole of Darksiders 1
- Loot: Defeat enemies and open treasure chest to find loot of all sorts.
- Customization: Use the loot you find to upgrade and customize YOUR Death like YOU want.
- Skill Trees: Darksiders II gives you 2 Skill Trees, the Harbinger (melee focused) and Necromancer (magic focused.) You can re-spec at any time.
- Possessed Weapons: Very rare weapons that users can level up by feeding it other weapons you don't want. Stat increases depends on the weapons used to level up. You can name them too!
- Kinetic gameplay: Both Combat and Traversal now feel more streamlined and faster.
- Fast Travel: Go to your map and instantly teleport to any previously visited locations.
- Easier Exploration: You gain access to your trusted horse from the opening moment of the game.
- Nightmare Mode: Akin to Diablo 3's Hardcore Mode, one combat related death is permanent and you lose all your progress.
- New Game+: You keep your loot, enemies are stronger and you have better chances of finding better equipment. Most powerful gear is NG+ exclusive.
- Online Trading: The "Tomes". You can trade and share gear with your friends and also store up to 200 items.
- Arena combat mode: The Crucible is unlocked later in the game and lets Death battle waves and waves of enemies. Each 5 waves, Death can collect a reward and quit, or continue and gain even greater rewards. Each reward is generated randomly based on how far you get. You will fight enemies, mini-bosses and even bosses. Some items can only be found in The Crucible. You do not gain EXP when fighting in the arena. IF YOU DIE IN THE CRUCIBLE IN NIGHTMARE MODE, YOU LOSE YOUR PROGRESS COMPLETELY!