View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #14
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 191
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Quote:
Originally Posted by donster8u View Post
But how long has the PS3 been out?
Can 2 years make up for 5 ? 6 years of loss?
I could be wrong, but I remember an analyst, or maybe even Sony said they will never recoup what they lost this generation on the PS3.

:EDIT: Here's the article about it... http://consolecity.com/forum/showthr...ny+ps3+blu-ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
apples and oranges really. Sony was dominant with the PSX and the PS2 because of almost a complete lack of competition. This generation was the first one where someone actually had a viable alternative to Sony.

I wouldnt say they "stole" a huge % of market share as much as they filled the void in the market. Sony only had that market share because there was pretty much no one else to give it too.
Coming off the NES, and SNES, the N64 was competition.

Last edited by bigloser : August 10th, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
bigloser is offline   Reply With Quote