ConsoleCity Forums

ConsoleCity Forums (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Microsoft (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   No XBox2 in 2005... (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55833)

Exodus July 30th, 2004 01:56 PM

No XBox2 in 2005...

Quote:

"Yesterday, at the Microsoft Financial Analyst Meeting 2004, Microsoft Corp. Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer said there won't be Xbox 2 next year.

"There's no new Xbox in the next year, but, man, are we hard at work on that next Xbox," Ballmer said.
Link

Bigg Russ July 30th, 2004 02:05 PM

I see that as a good thing...

bigloser July 30th, 2004 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigg Russ
I see that as a good thing...

Me too!

2006 should be a very interesting year. I imagine we'll see the Xbox 2, PS3, and Nintendo's next console all launch within weeks of one another.

Exodus July 30th, 2004 02:14 PM

Hope so. If they laungh around the same time, there is a better chance of them selling based on the strength of their launch lineup, rather than their brand name (although that will come into play as well).

Of course, if they end up in limited quantities, all 3 consoles would likley sell out by XMas.

Bigg Russ July 30th, 2004 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exodus
Of course, if they end up in limited quantities, all 3 consoles would likley sell out by XMas.

That's going to happen regardless of when they come out. They (console makers) never have enough product at launch.

I am interested in seeing how the third-party developers handle all three systems at launch. I'll bet the farm on a bunch of PS3 exclusives at launch.

Jerome July 30th, 2004 04:37 PM

Good. The Xbox still has plenty of life left. No need to rush it out next year.

Shaolin July 30th, 2004 05:14 PM

Good. I say, run the Xbox into the ground before bringing out a new console.

RZA July 30th, 2004 05:29 PM

Good. I haven't even finished most of the XBox games I bought late 2003 and early 2004. Fable, Halo 2 and StarCraft: Ghost is near. That's basically it for me for 2004. Just need to get my XBox in hand.

MiaBran July 30th, 2004 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exodus
Hope so. If they laungh around the same time, there is a better chance of them selling based on the strength of their launch lineup, rather than their brand name (although that will come into play as well).

::falls to the ground laughing singin:: "he's got hiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh hopes, he's got, hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh hopes, he's got high apple pie in the skyyyyyyyyyy hopes."

Imashroom July 31st, 2004 01:55 AM

Did all of you actually read the article?

"If Ballmer meant by 'the next year' the next 12 months or fiscal 2005, then the Xbox 2 could still launch in Fall 2005, just in time for the Christmas season. Considering they are in a financial meeting, it is probable he meant fiscal 2005, which ends in June 30, 2005."

If you discount a 2005 launch, Yule be sorry next year....

Pahn July 31st, 2004 12:01 PM

I thought fiscal years ended September 30th.

Imashroom July 31st, 2004 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn
I thought fiscal years ended September 30th.

No. It's a twelve-month period that depends on the company's/government's accounting system. Like magic, it involves a bit of ledger domain...

BIG MIKE July 31st, 2004 10:53 PM

Bah!~

I can't figure out why they are hell bent on beating Sony out the door with the next system. Could end up like the poor dreamcast, way over powered, and still not happy about the lack of the hard drive.