ConsoleCity Forums

ConsoleCity Forums (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Microsoft (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   [Joystiq] Amazon launches PSN storefront (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209110)

RSS Bot November 12th, 2013 08:39 AM

[Joystiq] Amazon launches PSN storefront

Amazon US launched a dedicated PlayStation Network store on its website today, meaning customers can purchase download codes for PS4, PS3, and Vita games and DLC via the online retailer. Amazon has sold download codes for platforms like PC and Mac for a while now, but Sony is the first console manufacturer to join the retailer's digital party, making a fashionably late but certainly well-timed entrance. According to Amazon, there are over 100 pieces of downloadable PlayStation content available via its storefront at launch.

Amazon and Sony are marking the launch by chucking in $5 PSN credit (redeemable at Amazon of course) with selected purchases, including full games and season passes for Assassin's Creed 4, Batman: Arkham Origins, The Last of Us, and Battlefield 4.

Also for one day only, starting today at 9AM PT and ending tomorrow at the same time, you can get the $5 PSN credit with any PS4 game purchase. Then there's the Buy 2 Get 1 Free offer going on PS4 launch games. In other words, Amazon is very keen to be a part of your PS4 launch party this week.

The PSN storefront is restricted to Amazon's US branch for now.Continue reading Amazon launches PSN storefront
Amazon launches PSN storefront originally appeared on Joystiq on Tue, 12 Nov 2013 08:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Pahn November 12th, 2013 09:52 PM

This is huge. With PS+ and this, you should be set for good deals.

AnimeJoe November 12th, 2013 09:58 PM

As if I needed yet another reason to LOVE Amazon!

Game Rogue November 12th, 2013 10:12 PM

Since I'm PS+, can I queue the free Resogun in advance from this store?

erp November 15th, 2013 10:18 AM

An RSS Bot posting about Sony in the Microsoft forum...I guess the forum merger is all but official?

Game Rogue November 15th, 2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game Rogue (Post 1620981)
Since I'm PS+, can I queue the free Resogun in advance from this store?

It does not seem free games are part of this store front - least I cannot find them.

Pahn November 15th, 2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erp (Post 1621154)
An RSS Bot posting about Sony in the Microsoft forum...I guess the forum merger is all but official?

I moved it from the RSS forum. Even if the merger isn't official, we can pretend.

Not like this place will be around much longer.

Game Rogue November 15th, 2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1621179)
Not like this place will be around much longer.

...and why is that? You know something we don't?

Pahn November 16th, 2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game Rogue (Post 1621184)
...and why is that? You know something we don't?

Writing is on the wall.

RookieCAF November 16th, 2013 04:02 PM

Pretty much. I mainly come here out of habit, there really is no meaningful, or even lively discussion here at all.

Game Rogue November 17th, 2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RookieCAF (Post 1621231)
I mainly come here out of habit

same - but i do love the collection db, though I do wish Jay would look into improvements.

Jay, if the site is about to have the plug pulled, please give fair warning so that I can get an output of my collection.

thanks for the memories.

Jerome November 17th, 2013 11:02 AM

If this place goes I'll be down to only one message board, of the three that I have been frequenting regularly over the last several years. :(

As far as the original topic is concerned, I think this is great. Having more choices is always a plus.