ConsoleCity Forums

ConsoleCity Forums (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Microsoft (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sony PS4 E3 Conference (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201386)

Game Rogue June 10th, 2013 10:14 PM

Sony PS4 E3 Conference

We are mashing the forums - right? Good!

Man PS4 has got their guns loaded; without DRM or authentication requirements and $400 to boot... Xbox One has its work cut out.

Damn... I want Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV!

Shaolin June 10th, 2013 10:29 PM

$100 bucks cheaper and no DRM?

Easy call for me.

Syndicate June 10th, 2013 10:42 PM

…yeah, I liked what I saw in the Sony conference.

Vid Gamer June 10th, 2013 11:27 PM

godlike gif...

-Tetsuo- June 10th, 2013 11:42 PM

MS had a good run in the USA.

molsonmuscle June 10th, 2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Tetsuo- (Post 1610608)
MS had a good run in the USA.

Yup, they better pull a mystical pony out of their asses or pretty much their entire fanbase is going over to Sony in a few months....Any list of launch titles for PS4 yet?

Jerome June 11th, 2013 01:01 AM

I thought their press conference was rather dull until the end, when they started throwing the jabs at Microsoft. I was more interested in the Exclusives Microsoft showed off, and it seemed like Microsoft showed off more of them. I could be completely wrong, and maybe it just seemed that way because some of Sony's more in-depth looks at games (with long game-play footage) were multi-platform, and they simply brushed over exclusives a bit more, but the numbers were the same.

So, at least with the games we know of, I'm more interested in the Xbox One... but on the other hand, I like the fact Sony doesn't look to be implementing all the DRM stuff the Xbox One will have... although I thought they said before (after their original event earlier in the year) that they would leave that stuff up to individual developers. In the end we still might see some heavy restrictions on the platform.

Also, it looks like the $399 price is for the system without the Playstation Eye/Move stuff. I don't know if there will be a second SKU, or if it will just be an accessory you have to buy separately, but Sony didn't really go into the details during the event... They also skipped over the fact free online, multiplayer is a thing of the past now.

sickmind June 11th, 2013 06:00 AM

Odds are I will eventually get a PS4, but it needs games I want that aren't on PC for that to actually happen. Spring of '14 at the earliest for me.

turningpoint June 11th, 2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickmind (Post 1610627)
Odds are I will eventually get a PS4, but it needs games I want that aren't on PC for that to actually happen. Spring of '14 at the earliest for me.

Agreed.

I'd like to see a release forecast for all these games coming out.

Baron3ss June 11th, 2013 11:38 AM

bigloser June 11th, 2013 12:35 PM

Sony being super sneaky, came out today and said once again DRM is up to their publishers.

Syndicate June 11th, 2013 01:58 PM

…those animated gifs are hilarious. Microsoft left that door wide open and Sony walked righton through. I'll be incredibly surprised if Sonly doesn't come out on top this time 'round.

Vid Gamer June 12th, 2013 04:27 PM

PS4 boxart

Basically oversized the Vita cases. lol

Looks pretty slick.