ConsoleCity Forums

ConsoleCity Forums (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Microsoft (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Are you Pre-Ordering the Xbox One? (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201336)

Pahn June 14th, 2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid Gamer (Post 1611051)
Also, Forza 5 was confirmed by the devs that it includes NO night, weather system, storefront, or an auction house. LOL!!!

Welcome to next-gen on Xbone.

Didn't the first Madden on 360 ship with very few features? This shit seems somewhat typical, or at least not completely unique, and is one reason why I'm not a launch window purchaser.

Vid Gamer June 14th, 2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1611069)
Didn't the first Madden on 360 ship with very few features? This shit seems somewhat typical, or at least not completely unique, and is one reason why I'm not a launch window purchaser.

Yeah, it's definitely a time issue. Microsoft probably told them it has to ship at launch no matter the cost or else they would lose some huge bonus payout or something.

Still, you'd think stuff like adding night and weather isn't too difficult, and all of this stuff was in previous games so it's pretty disappointing they are cutting corners for launch.

The game does look super sexy running at 60 FPS, though.

Game Rogue June 14th, 2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigloser (Post 1611043)
The show floor impressions of Crimson Dragon are awful, as are they for Ryse.

Oddly enough both games were intended to be fully motion controlled and now they aren't.

thank god - Crimson Dragon will be killer when its done - no doubt.

Syndicate June 15th, 2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game Rogue (Post 1611076)
thank god - Crimson Dragon will be killer when its done - no doubt.

…that's what I'm hoping, all of the Panzer Dragoon games are brilliant and it's the developer behind Crimson Dragon.

Viper June 15th, 2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1611046)
You think they would have realized this after seeing how bad that star wars game was from last year, my god was that terrible, it seems they scraped the entire game.

You mean this game?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/04/...ar-wars-review

Bigg Russ June 15th, 2013 02:25 PM

*SIGH*

Just pre-ordered both via Amazon.

Don't judge me. :o

Mordrid June 15th, 2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigg Russ (Post 1611091)
*SIGH*

Just pre-ordered both
Don't judge me. :o

JUDGED
:p

molsonmuscle June 15th, 2013 07:06 PM

Went and paid for my preorder today...Still not 100%sure on what games I'm getting. Battlefield and probably NBA 2k14 at first for sure. Maybe Ryse.

Jerome June 16th, 2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigloser (Post 1611043)
The show floor impressions of Crimson Dragon are awful, as are they for Ryse.

Oddly enough both games were intended to be fully motion controlled and now they aren't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1611044)
Why, a person would start to think that maybe, just maybe, people don't want to be force fed stupid motion controls.

I know Microsoft wanted to include Kinect with every Xbox One, so that unlike the Xbox 360 and Kinect, everybody has one, and developers can support the thing without worrying about only reaching a small portion of the user-base. However, I still think they should have made it optional, and part of a separate bundle... Mainly to keep costs down (especially now that we see the One is $100 bucks more than the PS4), but also because it's clearly not been much of a benefit for hardcore games.

Anyway, the news about Forza lacking those features really sucks. This would be one of the launch titles I'd probably get.

Bigg Russ June 16th, 2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molsonmuscle (Post 1611099)
Went and paid for my preorder today...Still not 100%sure on what games I'm getting. Battlefield and probably NBA 2k14 at first for sure. Maybe Ryse.

Most definitely!!

molsonmuscle June 16th, 2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigg Russ (Post 1611107)
Most definitely!!

I am a little worried though that 2K hasn't shown anything from the next-gen version other than Lebron talking to himself...Although, I'm sure that they could let their kids work on it and it'll still end up being better than Live. I will probably grab one of Fifa or Madden too, as long as they aren't too stripped down. But from what I've heard, Fifa has had the majority of their staff working on the Next-gen version for the last year and a half, and a very small staff working on current gen.

Bigg Russ June 17th, 2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molsonmuscle (Post 1611114)
I am a little worried though that 2K hasn't shown anything from the next-gen version other than Lebron talking to himself...Although, I'm sure that they could let their kids work on it and it'll still end up being better than Live. I will probably grab one of Fifa or Madden too, as long as they aren't too stripped down. But from what I've heard, Fifa has had the majority of their staff working on the Next-gen version for the last year and a half, and a very small staff working on current gen.

I was thinking the same thing. I remember their transition from Xbox to 360, as I played both versions to see if there was a difference. There was. If the games are the same with regards to playability and they cost the same, I might as well go with the Xbox One/PS4 version.

Vid Gamer June 18th, 2013 09:24 AM

Never buy sports games at launch for a new system...

bigloser June 18th, 2013 11:29 AM

Madden 25 will be feature complete on next-gen platforms, Tiburon already said so. How are they performing this magical feat?... I dunno, but supposedly it's running on a brand new engine, but it doesn't look like it to me, guess we'll see.

NBA 2K14 will be fine as well. NBA 2k6 launched fully featured on the 360 because it used the same engine. Sure we'll see the same.

Vid Gamer June 21st, 2013 02:10 PM

Well fuck it, just went to GameStop and pre-ordered:

Xbox One
CoD: Ghosts
Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
Kinect Sports Rivals
Ryse

PS4
Killzone

BF4 and Watchdogs will be had on the PC.

Aeon Storm June 22nd, 2013 01:03 PM

I've never pre-ordered a game or game console, and I doubt I ever will. With a backlog like mine and no interest in online gaming, it's a complete waste of money.

Arod1983 June 22nd, 2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid Gamer (Post 1611515)
Well fuck it, just went to GameStop and pre-ordered:

Xbox One
CoD: Ghosts
Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
Kinect Sports Rivals
Ryse

PS4
Killzone

BF4 and Watchdogs will be had on the PC.

Well, we know you are single!

turningpoint July 1st, 2013 07:22 AM

NOt sure which one i'm getting but i have both systems preordered, i'll probably resell both for a big profit.

2Legit84 August 25th, 2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeon Storm (Post 1611554)
it's a complete waste of money.

I have seen your game library. For you to claim getting a new system is a waste of money, I laugh at you sir.

anyways, Got my XBox One pre ordered today. Not sure what games I'm getting yet at launch, but Forza will be one of them. Also Gamestop is running a deal now with a bunch of games, If you buy the game at release date for the 360, You can get it for only $10 when it launches for the One, by trading your other game in for it.

-Tetsuo- August 25th, 2013 04:46 AM

It pretty much has nothing I want to play coming out on it. At least not announced.

Game Rogue September 2nd, 2013 03:09 PM

I have a few games preordered for Xbox One...

Battlefield 4 LE
Dead Rising 3
Destiny
Titanfall
Forza 5 LE

For the PS4 preordered these games...

Drive Club
Killzone 4
Knack

Aeon Storm September 2nd, 2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Legit84 (Post 1614891)
I have seen your game library. For you to claim getting a new system is a waste of money, I laugh at you sir.

anyways, Got my XBox One pre ordered today. Not sure what games I'm getting yet at launch, but Forza will be one of them. Also Gamestop is running a deal now with a bunch of games, If you buy the game at release date for the 360, You can get it for only $10 when it launches for the One, by trading your other game in for it.

I said that it's a waste of money for me to get it at launch BECAUSE of my current library.

turningpoint September 3rd, 2013 07:39 AM

Will there be a demand for these things come november?

I feel there will be thx to COD and BF.

Pahn September 3rd, 2013 02:19 PM

They will sell briskly. All the drama will be forgotten.

AnimeJoe September 4th, 2013 12:45 AM

I've never been one to pre-order things and that's not about to change here. Getting the Xbox One and PS4 sometime after launch when they're more readily available. The Xbox One being region-free for gaming is a huge relief!