ConsoleCity Forums

ConsoleCity Forums (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Microsoft (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Are you Pre-Ordering the Xbox One? (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201336)

turningpoint June 12th, 2013 11:01 PM

These are boh going to be good systems, but i really just don't see a reason to make the jump so quick this generation.

I had to have GR:AW, Halo and the new Madden when 360 launched, so i jumped quickly.

With Splinter Cell and GTA 5 being 360 games, i just don't see a need to switch systems for at least until March or April of 2014.

Really the 1st game I really really have ot have at $470+ is the division, this game looks absolutely amazing.

I don't need the new COD or BF4, they look ok, but I can go ithout them I never bought the old ones.

The only game i think looks awesome MGS 5, but will i have a huge need to play it? GTA 5 will be 3months old, i'll be open worlded out by then.

I need a game that is a must have with amazing online multiplayer, i just don't see any right now.

bigloser June 13th, 2013 02:09 AM

This battlefield multiplayer video is pretty impressive. especially the last minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8P-EBNUOj0

Vid Gamer June 13th, 2013 09:17 AM

Once again Battlefield looking to absolutely embarrass CoD.

CAPninja June 13th, 2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erp (Post 1610858)
The only console I ever preordered was Dreamcast. I usually wait a year or so for bugs to be worked out

Especially after all the problems the 360 had at the start, I'm surprised anyone would preorder this.

turningpoint June 13th, 2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigloser (Post 1610861)
This battlefield multiplayer video is pretty impressive. especially the last minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8P-EBNUOj0

Ehh It looks gimicky to me.

This is about as cool as destructible walls in PerfectDark:zero.

bigloser June 13th, 2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1610913)

In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 it wasn't a gimmick, it was a part of the game... could blow up complete buildings and objectives.

-Tetsuo- June 13th, 2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1610913)

Intruderb June 13th, 2013 11:50 PM

Waiting to find out more details about their partnership with NFL. If it involves pay per view games.... I'm waiting in line for it!

turningpoint June 14th, 2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigloser (Post 1610918)
In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 it wasn't a gimmick, it was a part of the game... could blow up complete buildings and objectives.

Ehh, so you blow up the building 3 minutes in, hell blow all the god damn building's up are you just playing in a concrete jungle?

Vid Gamer June 14th, 2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Tetsuo- (Post 1610942)

lmao.. perfect gif

peter be trolling

turningpoint June 14th, 2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid Gamer (Post 1611005)
lmao.. perfect gif

peter be trolling

No I'm not at all, I've never played more then 15mins of BF MP, it looks quite lame honestly, like there's too much going on, wtf is the point of blowing up that building? Just to blow it up?

WOAH cool i blew a building up, now i need to go back to mindless killing!!!

Now if it's an objective in the game awesome, but i've never understood the point to BF MP.

bigloser June 14th, 2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1610994)
Ehh, so you blow up the building 3 minutes in, hell blow all the god damn building's up are you just playing in a concrete jungle?

there's lots of structures, if you think someone is in there camping, you can just blow them out.

You also get situations where objectives are inside a building. So it gives you the option to either try and get inside the building to plant explosives on the objectives, or just blow the building up.

I guess you just don't think destruction really matters because you never bothered playing anything Battlefield even though you complain about the lack of good multiplayer games.

RookieCAF June 14th, 2013 12:01 PM

Has anyone come to expect Peter to make an educated post on anything except anal sex? :dirty:

turningpoint June 14th, 2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigloser (Post 1611015)
there's lots of structures, if you think someone is in there camping, you can just blow them out.

You also get situations where objectives are inside a building. So it gives you the option to either try and get inside the building to plant explosives on the objectives, or just blow the building up.

I guess you just don't think destruction really matters because you never bothered playing anything Battlefield even though you complain about the lack of good multiplayer games.

Blah, i know I complain, but I did tell myself I'd but BF4 this time around, i just missed out on BF3, it was too late I was too busy in life.

I mean i ask a question and I'm trolling, good stuff.

Anywho I'll probably get this game, if i get a lunch system.

turningpoint June 14th, 2013 12:44 PM

Ehh this aint so bad.

Erbs June 14th, 2013 12:55 PM

$500 for this stupid console when all I play is hockey and some shooters...nope. Fuck that.

Pahn June 14th, 2013 01:46 PM

If that's actually how it works, that's pretty cool.

The problem being, in a group with the owner and 9 other people, you might sometimes have a hard time finding someone who is not already sharing at the moment.

But still, if a group of 10 people want to always play, only 5 actually need to buy it.

Syndicate June 14th, 2013 02:03 PM

...I'm going to pass on picking up the One at launch. I think at $500 it's over priced, the DRM stuff is a mess, and most importantly there wasn't much shown that I want to play. Other than Forza 5, the only other interesting games imo shown were Below and Crimson Dragon.

bigloser June 14th, 2013 02:52 PM

The show floor impressions of Crimson Dragon are awful, as are they for Ryse.

Oddly enough both games were intended to be fully motion controlled and now they aren't.

Pahn June 14th, 2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigloser (Post 1611043)

Oddly enough both games were intended to be fully motion controlled and now they aren't.

Why, a person would start to think that maybe, just maybe, people don't want to be force fed stupid motion controls.

turningpoint June 14th, 2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigloser (Post 1611043)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1611044)
Why, a person would start to think that maybe, just maybe, people don't want to be force fed stupid motion controls.

You think they would have realized this after seeing how bad that star wars game was from last year, my god was that terrible, it seems they scraped the entire game.

Vid Gamer June 14th, 2013 04:19 PM

Also, Forza 5 was confirmed by the devs that it includes NO night, weather system, storefront, or an auction house. LOL!!!

Welcome to next-gen on Xbone.

YoungFan June 14th, 2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid Gamer (Post 1611051)
Also, Forza 5 was confirmed by the devs that it includes NO night, weather system, storefront, or an auction house. LOL!!!

Welcome to next-gen on Xbone.

Really where did you find that at?

Vid Gamer June 14th, 2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungFan (Post 1611053)
Really where did you find that at?

Twitter.. but someone on GAF pointed it out.

-Tetsuo- June 14th, 2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1611008)
No I'm not at all, I've never played more then 15mins of BF MP, it looks quite lame honestly, like there's too much going on, wtf is the point of blowing up that building? Just to blow it up?

WOAH cool i blew a building up, now i need to go back to mindless killing!!!

Now if it's an objective in the game awesome, but i've never understood the point to BF MP.

The game objective is to hold the control points. the team that holds the control point on top of that building has easy access to all of the points on the map because they can parachute down to them since teams can spawn on control points. When the building goes down, it covers the entire map with smoke making it very hard for snipers to snipe.