ConsoleCity Forums

ConsoleCity Forums (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Microsoft (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Are you Pre-Ordering the Xbox One? (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201336)

Game Rogue June 10th, 2013 04:40 PM

Are you Pre-Ordering the Xbox One?

I just pre bought my Xbox One – first preorder at the store I frequent. GameStop, and I'm sure other retailers, have initial pre-order allotment restrictions that will make it very difficult to secure the console if not reserved early.

That said, who (other than me) is going to pony up $500 and is comfortable dealing with DRM and other supposed hardships said to impact gaming on the Xbox One console?

Vid Gamer June 10th, 2013 05:38 PM

maybe, but probably not.

Game Rogue June 10th, 2013 06:14 PM

Reserve your Day One Edition today. Be first to experience Xbox One with the Day One Edition. Available in limited quantities, it features...

• Commemorative controller
  • Exclusive achievement
  • Day One Xbox Live Gold membership
  • Killer Instinct: Round One, with w/ exclusive Shadow Jago character
Plus, reserve Day One Editions of Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5, Kinect Sports Rivals and Dead Rising 3 to unlock unique items and experiences.

molsonmuscle June 10th, 2013 06:28 PM

I have had my name on a list at EB Games since the initial announcement. They weren't allowing actual pre-orders yet, so I'll do that next week. Oh, and Killer Instinct...Fuck yeah!

Game Rogue June 10th, 2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molsonmuscle (Post 1610540)
I have had my name on a list at EB Games since the initial announcement. They weren't allowing actual pre-orders yet, so I'll do that next week.

Word of warning... the high volumn GS I go to was allotted 12 Xbox Ones for pre-order - this store and from my understanding many in the Las Vegas area are already sold out - who know they (GS) might reopen reserves later??? Not sure of availbility are GS/EB nation wide, but i'd be quick about it.

Oh, you can get Xbox One bundles online http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one too.

molsonmuscle June 10th, 2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game Rogue (Post 1610544)
Word of warning... the high volumn GS I go to was allotted 12 Xbox Ones for pre-order - this store and from my understanding many in the Las Vegas area are already sold out - who know they (GS) might reopen reserves later??? Not sure of availbility are GS/EB nation wide, but i'd be quick about it.

Oh, you can get Xbox One bundles online http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one too.

I gotta be honest...After the press conference from Sony tonight...I'm kind of leaning PS4 off launch right now. It's probably going to have the bigger install base. The only think I'm kind of worried about is I'm primarily a sports gamer, and EA and MS seem to have something goin on there.

Game Rogue June 10th, 2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molsonmuscle (Post 1610604)
I gotta be honest...After the press conference from Sony tonight...I'm kind of leaning PS4 off launch right now.

I absolutely understand - Sony definitely has a beast on their hands with the PS4.

…and with that said, I just pre-ordered my PS4 at GS – store got a late okay from corp. to release PS4 reserves before it closed for the night - manager called me down to get a pre-buy in.

molsonmuscle June 10th, 2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game Rogue (Post 1610606)
I absolutely understand - Sony definitely has a beast on their hands with the PS4.

…and with that said, I just pre-ordered my PS4 at GS – store got a late okay from corp. to release PS4 reserves before it closed for the night - manager called me down to get a pre-buy in.

I guess he did...You're putting that guy's kids through private school with the amount of games you buy.

Jerome June 11th, 2013 01:21 AM

I'm on the fence. I was interested in a lot of the exclusives they showed, and even though it won't really affect me, I don't like all the online/DRM stuff. They're treating their fans like pirates. If you ask me, as long as you have the disc in the system, you shouldn't have to ping their servers every 24 hours.

The price really isn't an issue, but when you see the competition is $100 bucks less, for what is slightly better hardware, you have to wonder.

turningpoint June 11th, 2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molsonmuscle (Post 1610604)
I gotta be honest...After the press conference from Sony tonight...I'm kind of leaning PS4 off launch right now. It's probably going to have the bigger install base. The only think I'm kind of worried about is I'm primarily a sports gamer, and EA and MS seem to have something goin on there.

They won't if the money drys up, which it will.

Vid Gamer June 11th, 2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerome (Post 1610618)
The price really isn't an issue, but when you see the competition is $100 bucks less, for what is slightly better hardware, you have to wonder.

Exactly, it's pure greed. It was the same thing when Nintendo launched the 3DS at $250.

bigloser June 11th, 2013 11:16 AM

I don't think it's the same thing. I'm pretty sure the Xbox One probably costs about 500 to manufacture. Apparently Sony was going with the $499.99 price up until yesterday. And I bet they are taking a huge hit on every console they sell for the next year or so.

Sony not bundling their camera certainly helped a little too.

Vid Gamer June 11th, 2013 11:33 AM

Besides the Wii, what console doesn't take a hit at market price. They make their money on games, accessories, and online services.

sickmind June 11th, 2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigloser (Post 1610666)
Apparently Sony was going with the $499.99 price up until yesterday.

That sounds like nonsense to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigloser (Post 1610666)
And I bet they are taking a huge hit on every console they sell for the next year or so.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...it-on-399-ps4/

Pahn June 11th, 2013 02:09 PM

Sony really isn't in a position to sell these things at a loss. They just had their first quarterly profit in five years, and that was probably only because they sold off a bunch of real estate.

molsonmuscle June 11th, 2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1610635)
They won't if the money drys up, which it will.

I still think MS has time to pull a few switcharoo's and right the ship. Gates and Co are not going to let this ship sink that quickly...And even though I said I was starting to lean PS3...I took another look at their controller, and for fuck sakes Sony, why the hell in this day and age is your primary directional input a fucking d-pad. The analog stick is in such a stupid spot.

Viper June 11th, 2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molsonmuscle (Post 1610748)
I still think MS has time to pull a few switcharoo's and right the ship. Gates and Co are not going to let this ship sink that quickly...And even though I said I was starting to lean PS3...I took another look at their controller, and for fuck sakes Sony, why the hell in this day and age is your primary directional input a fucking d-pad. The analog stick is in such a stupid spot.

Gates retired in 2008.

bigloser June 11th, 2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickmind (Post 1610680)

Michael pacther said today that a person at Sony after their conference told him that they got the ok to go down to $399.99 that very morning.

Guess it wasn't nonsense.

bigloser June 11th, 2013 10:16 PM

I preordered both a PS4 and Xbox One earlier.

Going to be a fun winter, lol.

Vid Gamer June 12th, 2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigloser (Post 1610753)
Michael pacther said today that a person at Sony after their conference told him that they got the ok to go down to $399.99 that very morning.

Guess it wasn't nonsense.

Sony is smart. Basically, all they had to do was the exact opposite of the Xbox One. I mean... you can't go any more opposite then they went. They really shat on Microsoft this E3, and it wasn't the subtle jabs here and there, they were literally firing shots during the actual conference. lmao

If Microsoft doesn't go back and possibly reevaluate some things, I can't see how Sony doesn't crush Xbone for next gen.

Jerome June 12th, 2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1610689)
Sony really isn't in a position to sell these things at a loss. They just had their first quarterly profit in five years, and that was probably only because they sold off a bunch of real estate.

Sony loses money on almost all the electronics they sell. It's crazy that a majority of their profits come from selling insurance... yes, insurance!

Quote:

Its financial arm accounts for 63 percent of Sony’s total operating profit last year. Life insurance has been its biggest moneymaker over the last decade, earning the company 933 billion yen ($9.07 billion) in operating profit in the 10 years that ended in March.

NYTimes.com

fgarriel June 12th, 2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid Gamer (Post 1610783)
they were literally firing shots during the actual conference

Wow, that's hardcore. How many people were hurt?

Vid Gamer June 12th, 2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fgarriel (Post 1610786)
Wow, that's hardcore. How many people were hurt?

Luckily they just had mannequins dressed up as Microsoft employees.

It was still hardcore, though.

Noodle June 12th, 2013 09:52 AM

I cannot pass up Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Killer Instinct and Ryse this fall. I want to play those games. :)

erp June 12th, 2013 10:27 PM

The only console I ever preordered was Dreamcast. I usually wait a year or so for bugs to be worked out, game library established, and sales.

A year from now I don't see myself purchasing an Xbox. I can't get over the fact that the games will eventually stop working. I like going back to my old games, even if it is only for a quick spin.