ConsoleCity Forums

ConsoleCity Forums (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Microsoft (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Xbox Next Generation Reveal - May 21st (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200276)

Vid Gamer May 21st, 2013 03:00 PM

annnddd the dagger

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560478

No wonder they didn't mention any of this during the reveal

YoungFan May 21st, 2013 03:21 PM

They really couldn't come up with a better name then that.

Exodus May 21st, 2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungFan (Post 1609137)
They really couldn't come up with a better name then that.

Trust me, there are going to be Sony fanboys who think that the Xbox 360 is 360 times more powerful than the Xbox One. Not because they are fanboys, but because they really are dumb.

We've been spoiled to have Peter here as our village idiot. There are people out there dumber than him.

bigloser May 21st, 2013 04:05 PM

Xbox One requires a one time activation for every game per system. To activate each game on another system, there will be a fee.

The Xbox One TV features require a cable box.

Quote from one of the Xbox One's lead designers "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment play."

There's absolutely no backwards compatibility. All those XBLA games we bought are stuck on your 360.

Xbox One requires Kinect, will not work without it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Jerome May 21st, 2013 04:37 PM

Well... at least it looks like they fixed the D-Pad...

YoungFan May 21st, 2013 04:43 PM

So Microsoft made there own CPU for this? What happen to AMD making it and the GPU?

bigloser May 21st, 2013 05:27 PM

Xbox One | Clarification on Used Game Fee | Phil Harrison via Kotaku

Quote:

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

Vid Gamer May 21st, 2013 05:40 PM

I can't believe how fail this thing is so far.

It even looks like an old, ugly cable box or DVD player.

Syndicate May 21st, 2013 05:57 PM

…other than Forza 5 I didn't see anything I'm interested in. Honestly these new system announcements are very mesh.

Erbs May 21st, 2013 06:42 PM

It fucking REQUIRES a kinect?? Please tell me this shit comes with it. I just wanna play NHL14. Fuck that if I have to buy a kinect, on top of having a fucking fee to play the game on another console. That's bullshit.

Haven't played a playstation since like 1998. That may change.

molsonmuscle May 21st, 2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syndicate (Post 1609155)
…other than Forza 5 I didn't see anything I'm interested in. Honestly these new system announcements are very mesh.

I'm waiting for E3 to find out what these 18 XBOX exclusives are before I decide for sure what I'm doing, but I'm about 85% sure I'm going to be getting the new XBOX. I am getting a bit bored with this generation, and I'm usually an early adopter.

Vid Gamer May 21st, 2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erbs (Post 1609160)
It fucking REQUIRES a kinect?? Please tell me this shit comes with it. I just wanna play NHL14. Fuck that if I have to buy a kinect, on top of having a fucking fee to play the game on another console. That's bullshit.

It comes with it.

Viper May 21st, 2013 07:19 PM

Regarding the pre-owned fee stuff, it sounds like Microsoft may implement some sort of online trading marketplace:

Quote:

Harrison also said that owners can trade their secondhand games online, however the company is "not talking about it today".
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-for-xbox-one/

molsonmuscle May 21st, 2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

PS4 basically lost it's sale to me when it used the same damned controller. That thing is hell on my hands. Especially since I have arthritis in my left thumb near the base, and my fingers are really long, so the way I have to hold their controller gives me a cramp in like 10 minutes. I can play for like 4 hours without a cramp on the xbox controller.

YoungFan May 21st, 2013 07:53 PM

So it sounds like you have to connect to the internet once every 24 hrs at least to keep playing single player.

YoungFan May 21st, 2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

, on top of having a fucking fee to play the game on another console. That's bullshit.

It sounds like as long as your signed in to your live account on whatever console your be ok to play that game.

sickmind May 21st, 2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid Gamer (Post 1609132)
annnddd the dagger

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560478

No wonder they didn't mention any of this during the reveal

Yikes, I don't see myself ever buying this shit. I will wait and see with the PS4 whether or not its worth a purchase. Otherwise it looks like PC-only for the foreseeable future.

Jerome May 21st, 2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Like Vid Gamer mentioned, it'll come with it. During the event they said they're packing it in with every system.

Game Rogue May 21st, 2013 08:25 PM

I lol hard -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyD1VlQdj2s

bigloser May 21st, 2013 09:08 PM

I don't quite understand why there's supposedly 3 operating systems running on the Xbox One.

molsonmuscle May 21st, 2013 09:11 PM

Jesus Christ, I didn't think it was even possible for Francis to get any bigger. Dude is gonna just drop dead during a rant at his computer some day.

Shinobi128 May 21st, 2013 10:00 PM

I do not have a need to watch a trailer for a movie while watching a movie.

-Tetsuo- May 22nd, 2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1609118)
I'm confused on what was so bad, on top of this do we even know anything about the PS4?????

- Forced online activation for all games
- Complex used games system that is anti consumer
- Charged fee for playing used games on non linked profile
- Console that needs to be connected to internet every 24 hours to play games
- Very few games shown at the event
- Massive emphasis on TV, services and non game related stuff
- Rumoured (relatively weak) hardware confirmed
- DDR3 confirmed instead of GDDR5
- Only 5GB of the 8GB ram available for games (a whopping 3GB reserved for the OS)
- No self publishing for games
- Epic PR disaster with conflicting reports from Microsoft and it's heads
- Xbox support on twitter going AWOL
- Microsoft's failed attempts to correct PR with contradicting FAQ's, vague responses, misinformation, lies etc
- Live TV available in US only at launch, requires separate device
- Lots of announced services are for US only
- Kinect needed to be plugged in for Xbox One to function
- Over emphasis on Kinect
- Always watching and on Kinect is a tad creepy
- Xbox One having non-replaceable Hard Drive's
- COD Ghosts not looking that great (and the only game that had actual direct gameplay shown)
- Xbox One not being backwards compatible with the 360
- Only HDMI for output, leaving people unable to use composite or component cables
- Console quite large whilst still also using quite a large external power brick
- No headset included

bigloser May 22nd, 2013 03:31 AM

3 of the 8 gigs being dedicated purely for the 3 OS' just seems crazy to me.

Jesus H Christ May 22nd, 2013 03:50 AM

i like the look of it more than the look of the original and the last one