ConsoleCity Forums

ConsoleCity Forums (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Microsoft (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Xbox Next Generation Reveal - May 21st (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200276)

bigloser May 19th, 2013 03:15 PM

Xbox Next Generation Reveal - May 21st

Seems like it was almost yesterday that Microsoft did their last reveal on MTV. This time around it's being shown on Spike TV at 1 pm EST, also will be streamed on Xbox Live for whoever wants to watch it while in party chat, and of course I'm sure every tech site will stream it.

I dunno what to expect really. Well, Call of Duty next-gen ( :( ) will be shown, that's been announced, but other than that I dunno...

Exodus May 19th, 2013 03:25 PM

Is it open to the general public? I might just go, since I have the week off from work. Taking a staycation after finishing last semester.

bigloser May 19th, 2013 03:45 PM

I think the invitation thing was just to watch the event being streamed live. But I could be wrong, I really dunno.

:edit: I'm an idiot, lol. I think that is the email they sent out to the games press. I think there's another invitation, but it doesn't mention the location, just the time.

Vid Gamer May 19th, 2013 09:05 PM

Halo 5.

lol

Bigg Russ May 20th, 2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid Gamer (Post 1608930)
Halo 5.

lol

Literally LOL'ed!

turningpoint May 20th, 2013 09:00 AM

I don't get it? What's the Halo 5 joke?

Viper May 20th, 2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1608954)
I don't get it? What's the Halo 5 joke?

Everybody is expecting a new Xbox announcement, the joke is that it will just be a Halo 5 announcement.

Vid Gamer May 20th, 2013 11:12 AM

-Tetsuo- May 20th, 2013 02:55 PM

bigloser May 20th, 2013 03:06 PM

I'm really tired of Halo, COD, and Killzone. Kinda disappointing to me at least that at the PS4 reveal we saw another Killzone, and at the Xbox reveal we're seeing another COD, and i'm sure Halo 5, if not here, then at E3.

Then on Nintendo's end all everyone seems to ask about is Smash Brothers/Mario Kart/A 3d Mario game.

What happened to new IPs!

-Tetsuo- May 20th, 2013 03:33 PM

PC got IP's dripping from the ceiling, son. I will get the new shit but none of it is impressing me at all. Though, I DO want that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or whatever it is called.

Bigg Russ May 20th, 2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Tetsuo- (Post 1608994)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid Gamer (Post 1608970)

Those are great. You hear me?! GREAT!!

molsonmuscle May 20th, 2013 09:28 PM

With both FIFA and UFC being shown tomorrow, and those rumors that were floating around a couple of months back, does anyone else have a weird feeling that tomorrow we are going to hear about some sort of EA next gen exclusivity? If Microsoft could even just lock down the EA Sports department, it's game over for Sony.

bigloser May 20th, 2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molsonmuscle (Post 1609047)
With both FIFA and UFC being shown tomorrow, and those rumors that were floating around a couple of months back, does anyone else have a weird feeling that tomorrow we are going to hear about some sort of EA next gen exclusivity? If Microsoft could even just lock down the EA Sports department, it's game over for Sony.

There might be an exclusive or two. But in order for EA to go platform exclusive, the entire company would need to change, downsize a great deal.

I just don't see that happening, especially with their exclusive sports licenses which has to cost them a pretty penny every year.

Xeo May 21st, 2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigg Russ (Post 1609019)

yo, i had come back just to post my agreement after you linked this to me... LMAO!

Vid Gamer May 21st, 2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

C'mon man, EA is all about getting as much money as possible. You really think they would limit their greed to one system? lol

Jerome May 21st, 2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigg Russ (Post 1609019)

LMAO! George!

turningpoint May 21st, 2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Is that even Possible?

That would open the door for NFL2k15 on PS4 correct?

Vid Gamer May 21st, 2013 01:09 PM

well that was fucking ass

*pre-orders PS4*

Noodle May 21st, 2013 01:46 PM

Forza 5!!!!!!!!

turningpoint May 21st, 2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid Gamer (Post 1609107)
well that was fucking ass

*pre-orders PS4*

I'm confused on what was so bad, on top of this do we even know anything about the PS4?????

notsofun28 May 21st, 2013 02:25 PM

I really wish it had backwards compatibility.

Vid Gamer May 21st, 2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1609118)
I'm confused on what was so bad, on top of this do we even know anything about the PS4?????

Most of the show was talking about TV show and sports intergration, for starters.

I knew the reveal wasn't going to have that many games shown since E3 is so close, but they could have shown more then that. Even the graphics didn't impress me as much as I thought they would.

The system itself paired w/ Kinect 2.0 looks massive, too. lol

speKtor May 21st, 2013 02:31 PM

Did they announce what the indicator will be when the system completley breaks a month after you bought it?

I'm really hoping for a purple light this generation.

Vid Gamer May 21st, 2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speKtor (Post 1609130)
Did they announce what the indicator will be when the system completley breaks a month after you bought it?

I'm really hoping for a purple light this generation.

It just explodes.