ConsoleCity Forums

ConsoleCity Forums (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Microsoft (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Are you buying the next-Xbox this fall? (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194528)

bigloser January 3rd, 2013 01:50 AM

Are you buying the next-Xbox this fall?

Major Nelson is already teasing E3 even though it's still a half year away.

I'm pretty sure that means Microsoft is ready to announce something big at this year's E3. And it doesn't take a genius to assume it's their next generation Xbox.

So without knowing anything about the next Xbox, will you buy one this year?

If so, what's the most you're willing to pay? I'm assuming the console will be around $400, not sure if I'd pay more than that. But I'm 98% sure that I'll be buying one at launch.

Viper January 3rd, 2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigloser (Post 1599046)
Major Nelson is already teasing E3 even though it's still a half year away.

I'm pretty sure that means Microsoft is ready to announce something big at this year's E3. And it doesn't take a genius to assume it's their next generation Xbox.

So without knowing anything about the next Xbox, will you buy one this year?

If so, what's the most you're willing to pay? I'm assuming the console will be around $400, not sure if I'd pay more than that. But I'm 98% sure that I'll be buying one at launch.

If they announce at this year's E3 you think they'll release this year?

bigloser January 3rd, 2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper (Post 1599049)
If they announce at this year's E3 you think they'll release this year?

Yes, they announced the 360 a few weeks before E3 and launched it the same year.

Also, this.

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/01/02/x.../#.UORC9zWoGv0

molsonmuscle January 3rd, 2013 04:11 AM

Yep. I'm looking forward to the next gen. This one is getting stale as fuck.

turningpoint January 3rd, 2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molsonmuscle (Post 1599053)
Yep. I'm looking forward to the next gen. This one is getting stale as fuck.

Agreed, but a lot of it will depend on what games will be offered at launch.

I could wait to get one from the gf at xmas.

erp January 3rd, 2013 09:51 AM

Not on Day 1. Usually when a system launches they take advantage of the demand by forcing large package deals. I doubt I would be able to walk out of there with just a console, controller and game. It is fine by me though, I will just work on my backlog of games as they work out all the launch bugs and possibly reduce the price.

Vid Gamer January 3rd, 2013 10:05 AM

Yep, especially if the rumored specs are true.

Give it Halo 5 as a launch title and good luck trying to get one. :D

Bigg Russ January 3rd, 2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid Gamer (Post 1599065)
Give it Halo 5 as a launch title and good luck trying to get one. :D

HA! I literally LOL'ed at that 'cause it's true. :D

I say now that I wouldn't get one but I know me. I'll start wanting one the closer the day gets. I surely don't need one at this point anyhow. I know my gaming hours has dropped tremendously but I'm not sure if that's due to 'real life' shit or as molson said, shit is just getting 'stale'. A new console may change that.

I just want to see what a next-gen NBA 2K would look like.

Arod1983 January 3rd, 2013 08:08 PM

probably not at launch but in 2014, yes.

Erbs January 3rd, 2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arod1983 (Post 1599127)

This. Probably won't get it til next year.

Jerome January 11th, 2013 07:11 PM

I'm looking forward to the next generation of consoles. Like molsonmuscle said, things have been a bit stale. There's still great games coming out (Halo 4 being the latest one I've played), but it's definitely time for new hardware. I will more than likely get the next Xbox this year, though I'm not 100% sure I'll go out and get it on launch day. We'll see. I stood in line for the original Xbox, but waited close to a year with the 360... though that was for financial reasons.

Shaolin January 14th, 2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arod1983 (Post 1599127)

Prolly this. I'm going to get new hardware, no doubt. But unless they blow my mind at launch then I'll keep working away at my backlog.

turningpoint January 14th, 2013 03:33 PM

I felt the same away about the xbox 720, only game i really wanted was GR:AW and that didn't release until March of 2006.

I think the only launch games I bought were perfect dark and Condemned and by today's standards god did they suck.

SO maybe you're right waiting might not be all the bad of an idea.

Reason I think I didn't wait was the trade in deals on the old xbox.

Vid Gamer January 14th, 2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1599891)
I think the only launch games I bought were perfect dark and Condemned and by today's standards god did they suck.

Condemned is awesome.

SmAsHeD IxNaY January 14th, 2013 04:05 PM

I rarely play my 360, so I doubt I will. It's just like throwing away money and I would buy it to just say I had it. I'll try to read up on it more and see what it offers before I really consider it.

Syndicate January 14th, 2013 04:56 PM

...unless the launch titles are stellar I don't see it happening. Besides, I have a healthy backlog of 360 games to play through.

Pahn January 14th, 2013 05:24 PM

No more new consoles for me.

Bigg Russ January 14th, 2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1599905)
No more new consoles for me.

Generally speaking or as in 'new' like ... you'll buy it in 2015 or something?

Personally, I'd like to buy a new console... but if the 360 is any indication, there will be a TON of special/limited edition/bundle consoles available W/I 3-4 years anyhow. LOL!

Pahn January 14th, 2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigg Russ (Post 1599916)
Generally speaking or as in 'new' like ... you'll buy it in 2015 or something?

Personally, I'd like to buy a new console... but if the 360 is any indication, there will be a TON of special/limited edition/bundle consoles available W/I 3-4 years anyhow. LOL!

I'm more or less done with gaming. I've got an incredible backlog that I'll never get to if I buy additional consoles.

sickmind January 15th, 2013 05:51 AM

I've never bought a console @ launch, don't plan to this time either. There's no solid info on the next-gen consoles AFAIK so I can't say whether or not I would eventually want the next XBOX.

The thing that would really get me back into console gaming is if another developer made a good football game, which might be more likely now that the NCAA license isn't exclusive. I'm not really getting my hopes up on that one though.

Bigg Russ January 15th, 2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1599922)
I'm more or less done with gaming. I've got an incredible backlog that I'll never get to if I buy additional consoles.

I hear ya... I only play about 2-4 games max at any given time so I'm not sure if I even NEED a new console. I REALLY enjoy the NBA 2K franchise so if I'm going to continue rolling with it, I'm definitely going to want to try it on the new system.

RookieCAF January 15th, 2013 10:30 AM

I'll probably just get a new video card for my PC ;)

turningpoint January 15th, 2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RookieCAF (Post 1599949)

Did you just buy one like 3 months ago? :p

RookieCAF January 15th, 2013 11:46 AM

Nope, Been over two years since I've upgraded anything in the computer except for buying a new mouse.

Vid Gamer January 15th, 2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RookieCAF (Post 1599949)

I'm waiting on the 780. :D