ConsoleCity Forums

ConsoleCity Forums (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Microsoft (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Lollipop Chainsaw (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168821)

bigloser July 22nd, 2011 11:02 PM

Lollipop Chainsaw

Lollipop Chainsaw from Suda 51.

Quote:

In Lollipop Chainsaw you assume the role of the chainsaw wielding cheerleader Juliet. When her high school is overrun with zombies, Juliet's family history of zombie hunting comes in handy. Combining her cheerleading acrobatics and a deft hand with the chainsaw, Juliet takes the fight to the zombie hordes.

molsonmuscle July 22nd, 2011 11:26 PM

Wow, sounds like a dev had the ol' tape recorder going in Aeon's bedroom when him n the wife were in some roleplay :dirty:

Pahn July 23rd, 2011 01:42 PM

What's with the disembodied head?

CarlosRE3 July 23rd, 2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1542560)
What's with the disembodied head?

Probably her BF/Ken doll

erp July 23rd, 2011 02:41 PM

Once I read "zombies" my interest was piqued.

Aeon Storm July 23rd, 2011 05:48 PM

It's like, just...so fucking perfect! :eek:

George July 24th, 2011 09:08 AM

We may like it as well.

Bigg Russ July 24th, 2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erp (Post 1542569)
Once I read "zombies" my interest was piqued.

I was just the opposite...but it's all about execution so I'm interested. :D

Game Rogue July 26th, 2011 02:44 PM

Surprise... I will be getting this too.

Xeo August 1st, 2011 09:58 AM

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/01/wa...stern-release/

Quote:

Warner Bros. picks up Lollipop Chainsaw for Western release
by JC Fletcher on Aug 1st 2011 9:49AM

Grasshopper Manufacture's cheerleader-versus-zombie action game, Lollipop Chainsaw, will be released outside of Japan in 2012, thanks to Warner Bros. Interactive. The publisher announced a new partnership with Lollipop's Japanese publisher, Kadokawa Games. That seems like a good match -- both companies are media conglomerates who have only recently expanded into games.

Warner is using those media connections to bring in some Hollywood talent: writer/director James Gunn (Slither, Dawn of the Dead) will "bring his cult humor and edgy storytelling to Lollipop Chainsaw." Considering that the Suda 51 game already appears to be 100% cult humor ... that's a lot of cult humor.

If WB is putting this much effort and cash into the writing, it seems possible that the company could go so far as to market the game, something that didn't fully happen with Grasshopper's last game.

bigloser February 10th, 2012 12:26 PM

new trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_Kpj80BEM

turningpoint February 10th, 2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeon Storm (Post 1542584)
It's like, just...so fucking perfect! :eek:

IDk....a skinny tall blond is the main character...

Aeon Storm February 11th, 2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1565593)
IDk....a skinny tall blond is the main character...

...wearing pig tails and killing zombies with a chainsaw, while performing cheers in a miniskirt, toting around a disembodied head.

turningpoint February 12th, 2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeon Storm (Post 1565607)
...wearing pig tails and killing zombies with a chainsaw, while performing cheers in a miniskirt, toting around a disembodied head.

She's still a tall skinny blond, but what you're saying is she's more attractive when she has on certain items? weird dude, that's like being more attracted to a girl who is famous for some reason....

Aeon Storm February 12th, 2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1565658)
She's still a tall skinny blond, but what you're saying is she's more attractive when she has on certain items? weird dude, that's like being more attracted to a girl who is famous for some reason....

Actually, no. It's nothing like that at all. Moreover, I never said anything about the girl being attractive in the first place. I said that game has all of the elements of a perfect game. I'm not sure why you think the physique or hair colour of the girl is a driving factor. It isn't a dating sim, it's a quirky zombie killing game.

turningpoint February 12th, 2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeon Storm (Post 1565669)
Actually, no. It's nothing like that at all. Moreover, I never said anything about the girl being attractive in the first place. I said that game has all of the elements of a perfect game. I'm not sure why you think the physique or hair colour of the girl is a driving factor. It isn't a dating sim, it's a quirky zombie killing game.

No it's not a dating sim, but they certainly weren't making the main character a fugly fat chick.

Aeon Storm February 12th, 2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1565676)
No it's not a dating sim, but they certainly weren't making the main character a fugly fat chick.

Okay. So then, what's you point again? :confused:

Pahn February 12th, 2012 04:26 AM

The trailer sounds like a kid that just discovered swearing.

Aeon Storm February 12th, 2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1565692)
The trailer sounds like a kid that just discovered swearing.

Ever play NIER?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4VPBx7XHOA

Dillinger February 12th, 2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeon Storm (Post 1565680)
Okay. So then, what's you point again? :confused:

I'm pretty sure it was a lame racial joke about black guys being attracted to fat white chicks.

At least that's the conclusion I draw from the initial remark, your race, and turningpoint's history with racial wisecracks towards CC's "coloreds".

turningpoint February 13th, 2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 1565744)
I'm pretty sure it was a lame racial joke about black guys being attracted to fat white chicks.

At least that's the conclusion I draw from the initial remark, your race, and turningpoint's history with racial wisecracks towards CC's "coloreds".

No you're wrong.

Dillinger February 14th, 2012 11:01 AM

Then by all means - eliminate the mystery.

turningpoint February 15th, 2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 1565895)
Then by all means - eliminate the mystery.

you're new, you'd have to go read back about 150 posts between me and aeon to understand and i don't feel like explaining.

All that matters is we're still arguing over something neither of us will ever back down on.

Dillinger February 15th, 2012 02:44 PM

Awwwwuh, you think I'm a n00b. How cute.

Dillinger February 15th, 2012 02:45 PM

But you are right though - I haven't the slightest clue about what the beef between you two is, nor could I possibly care any less. I just thought you were making a racial wisecrack, which apparently, you weren't. My apologies.