ConsoleCity Forums

ConsoleCity Forums (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Any douches in here that shop at Saks 5th ave? (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111060)

2Legit84 November 19th, 2008 11:50 PM

Any douches in here that shop at Saks 5th ave?
 
Walked into this story today just to check it out, A freakin TShirt for $60, nothing even special about the TShirt, Jeans starting at $130 unless you find their clearance rack. I've paid $60 in the past for a pair of jeans, but $130 is redicules.

turningpoint November 19th, 2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Legit84 (Post 1361063)
Walked into this story today just to check it out, A freakin TShirt for $60, nothing even special about the TShirt, Jeans starting at $130 unless you find their clearance rack. I've paid $60 in the past for a pair of jeans, but $130 is redicules.

Of course I do, but I'll usually wait for the sales.

I own a couple of 7 for all man kinds, they're worth the cost of the jeans, both were $150+. Sometimes I'll go in try them on and then buy them on ebay haha. :cool:

I'm looking into a hugo boss peacoat we'll see.

My sis just bought a $800 LV purse the other day at one haha.

I'll most likely buy a retro sport bengals T-shirt when I get a chance to go the one in cincy next week.

ANyways that's cheap shit for most stuff dude.

I guess you haven't seen the prices of some ofr their dress shirt, they'll run $1000+, just for a fucking dress shirt. Suits can be from $1000 for the sport coat to $10,000 for the suit. Prade or Gucci loafers $500+. I guess you gotta pay big money for style, I'll never buy that priced stuff unless I win the lottery.

PlayStation2 November 20th, 2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Legit84 (Post 1361063)
Walked into this story today just to check it out, A freakin TShirt for $60, nothing even special about the TShirt, Jeans starting at $130 unless you find their clearance rack. I've paid $60 in the past for a pair of jeans, but $130 is redicules.

ya buy cheap ya get cheap

Aeon Storm November 20th, 2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlayStation2 (Post 1361065)
ya buy cheap ya get cheap

I agree, but the problem is when you buy expensive you'll often still get cheap. It's not like sweatshop A has better work ethic than sweatshop B. The children in Latin America aren't any more or less skilled or motivated than those in China.

turningpoint November 20th, 2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeon Storm (Post 1361154)
I agree, but the problem is when you buy expensive you'll often still get cheap. It's not like sweatshop A has better work ethic than sweatshop B. I don't think the children in Latin America are anymore or less skilled or motivated than those in China.

Dude you are paying outrageous prices for designer clothes because they're actually being made by people getting an honest days wage, you know Gucci clothes are actually made in Italy?

People may think Buying designer clothes at outrageous prices are crazy, but the sad thing is they're really the only clothes that aren't made in sweatshops.

I'm not sure this is for all brands,but I'm pretty sure it is, I'm pretty sure 7 for all mankind are made here in the USA.

DefMATRIXense November 20th, 2008 11:01 AM

There is nothing wrong with that. And a week ago, I bought a pair of sneakers called Nike turned 2.0 and it costs me $140. Also I purchased a sandal which is called Nike Air moray 2 and it costs $49.99.

turningpoint November 20th, 2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefMATRIXense (Post 1361157)
There is nothing wrong with that. And a week ago, I bought a pair of sneakers called Nike turned 2.0 and it costs me $140. Also I purchased a sandal which is called Nike Air moray 2 and it costs $49.99.

LOL Nike is an everyday shoe.

Now I would never buy these or be caught dead in them, but this is a designer sneaker.

= $440.
Sandals?
=$375

Ibe6yoube9 November 20th, 2008 11:14 AM

i had a girl who would want to drive to Indy just to shop for jeans. my 20 year g/f isnt that stuck up... yet.

DefMATRIXense November 20th, 2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

LOL Nike is an everyday shoe.

Now I would never buy these or be caught dead in them, but this is a designer sneaker.

= $440.



Sandals?
=$375


Are you be kidding me? who wears those? :saywhat: I bought mine looking better

DG November 20th, 2008 11:19 AM

I used to try to "Buy American" or at least "Buy From a Country That Doesn't Use Slave Labor", but I had to give up that criteria years ago.

Even good ol' Clarks, once made in England are now made in China.

Now I buy clothes for these reasons:

1) I don't want to run around naked. (And I suspect no one else wants me to run around naked either.)
2) I need to hold all the crap I'm forced to carry around, wallet, cell phone, car keys, etc.
3) I don't want to freeze in the winter or bake in the summer.

Style is a very low concern so the last place you'd find me shopping for clothes is Saks 5th Ave, although I'd love to get another nice fedora to replace the one I lost. :)

fgarriel November 20th, 2008 11:33 AM

Not sure if T-shirts are your thing, but shirt.woot.com sells $10 shirts. 100% made in America.

Aeon Storm November 20th, 2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1361156)
Dude you are paying outrageous prices for designer clothes because they're actually being made by people getting an honest days wage, you know Gucci clothes are actually made in Italy?

No, most aren't paying outrageous prices for designer clothing because of who makes them. Most people pay outrageous prices simply because they're designer brands. That's why the prices are "outrageous". If it was because of the cost incurred producing them, they'd be "reasonable" prices. There are t-shirts in WalMart that are made in the USA and they aren't 60 fucking dollars.

BTW, you don't really believe that Italians workers make that much, do you?

Quote:

People may think Buying designer clothes at outrageous prices are crazy, but the sad thing is they're really the only clothes that aren't made in sweatshops.
They're not. There's some low-end clothing made by American workers, in decent facilities, just like there are some designer brands made by children in sweatshops.

Quote:

I'm not sure this is for all brands,but I'm pretty sure it is, I'm pretty sure 7 for all mankind are made here in the USA.
Clothing is sort of like cars. Even American or foreign brands have some items that are made in different places. You can have a designers shirt that was made in the US, by union workers, and get a matching part of pants from the same company made in Taiwan by third graders. With that said, just because some things are made in the USA, it doesn't mean that the workers making are are getting a "decent wage".

Quote:

And a week ago, I bought a pair of sneakers called Nike turned 2.0 and it costs me $140. Also I purchased a sandal which is called Nike Air moray 2 and it costs $49.99.
I'm pretty sure WE bought you a pair of $140 kicks and 50 dollar sandals, actually.

DefMATRIXense November 20th, 2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeon Storm;1361168

I'm pretty sure [I
WE[/i] bought you a pair of $140 kicks and 50 dollar sandals.

:confused: What you talking about?

Aeon Storm November 20th, 2008 11:38 AM

Government assistance.

DefMATRIXense November 20th, 2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeon Storm (Post 1361172)
Government assistance.

I am no longer receiving the checks since I become a professional poker.

Aeon Storm November 20th, 2008 11:43 AM

So, what are you saying. That men actually pay you for sex?

turningpoint November 20th, 2008 11:43 AM

I can't believe the nike air bublbes haven't poped.

DefMATRIXense November 20th, 2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeon Storm (Post 1361176)
So, what are you saying. That men actually pay you for sex?

that's correct. :rolleyes:

turningpoint November 20th, 2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefMATRIXense (Post 1361178)
that's correct. :rolleyes:

what else would a professional poker do?

DefMATRIXense November 20th, 2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1361180)
what else would a professional poker do?

Dictionary is your best friend now and find a word, POKER. It will tell you.:D

DG November 20th, 2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeon Storm (Post 1361176)
So, what are you saying. That men actually pay you for sex?

HAAAAA! :D

Oh man! ROFLMAO! :D

turningpoint November 20th, 2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefMATRIXense (Post 1361182)
Dictionary is your best friend now and find a word, POKER. It will tell you.:D

Pay me $100 and I'll do it just for you.

2Legit84 November 20th, 2008 12:00 PM

So I stop at at Ross Dress for less yesterday and I walked out with

Vans T-Shirt regular price 29.99 my price 9.99
Haggards Courteroy paints Reg price 59.99 my price 11.99
Van Shoes Reg 64.99 my price 24.99

Indra November 20th, 2008 12:10 PM

I shop at Holt Renfrew, which is probablly Canada's equivalent.

Kev November 20th, 2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Legit84 (Post 1361190)
So I stop at at Ross Dress for less yesterday and I walked out with

Vans T-Shirt regular price 29.99 my price 9.99
Haggards Courteroy paints Reg price 59.99 my price 11.99
Van Shoes Reg 64.99 my price 24.99

You need to see if you can get the Bible Story Action Figures they sometimes have there, too. They rock.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.