ConsoleCity Forums

ConsoleCity Forums (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Microsoft (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Xbox 360 pricing (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62265)

DG October 20th, 2006 12:05 PM

It's interesting that someone just dug up this thread.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1065807)
No way the PS3 drops for more than $399.

And from the Wii price-bashing thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1171935)
Bang for your buck, the 360 and PS3 are better bargains, IMO.

The least expensive PS3 is $100 over your old "no way" price so how is it a better bargain than anything?

Pahn October 20th, 2006 01:49 PM

Christ, this isn't a complex concept.

$250 nets you outdated hardware, no hard drive, shitty 3rd party support, and the same Nintendo licenses that have been milked for years.

$500 nets you a powerful system with free online play, a hard drive, and extensive (and arguably unbeatable) 3rd party support. Oh, and a freaking Blu-Ray drive...you know, the things that sell for $1000 by themselves.

Where's that dingleberry remover?

bigloser October 20th, 2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG (Post 1172517)
It's interesting that someone just dug up this thread.

I brought it up because I completely forgot how everyone was complaining about the 360's $399 price tag.

Only a little over a year later, the price doesn't seem so high now.

MiaBran October 20th, 2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigloser (Post 1172568)
I brought it up because I completely forgot how everyone was complaining about the 360's $399 price tag.

Only a little over a year later, the price doesn't seem so high now.

jag is bringing sexy back.... well.... conflict anyway :)

DG October 21st, 2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1172552)
Christ, this isn't a complex concept.

I know it's not complex, but it's funny.

It's entertaining to push your buttons and try to get you to admit that you were being your usual pig-headded self when you proclaimed "No way the PS3 drops for more than $399" now that $500's ok by you. Which is FINE, but what's ironic is that you're foaming at the mouth about Nintendo daring to charge $250 for their new system.

As you put it, you're being "extremely whiney" about the Wii's price and it's entertaining.

Pahn October 21st, 2006 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG (Post 1172762)
I know it's not complex, but it's funny.

It's entertaining to push your buttons and try to get you to admit that you were being your usual pig-headded self when you proclaimed "No way the PS3 drops for more than $399" now that $500's ok by you. Which is FINE, but what's ironic is that you're foaming at the mouth about Nintendo daring to charge $250 for their new system.

As you put it, you're being "extremely whiney" about the Wii's price and it's entertaining.

First off, I didn't put it that way, cause I don't spell "whiny" with an 'e.'

Second, I never once said that $500 is OK by me. This is corroborated by the fact that I have no intention of buying the system for that price. I simply said that $500 represents a better bargain than the $250 Wii, since the consumers that purchase the PS3 get significantly more for their money, IMO.

The point that you clearly don't get is that the absolute cost is irrelevant. $500 is just fine if you get $500 of functionality out of it, while $250 is unacceptable if it doesn't provide $250 of functionality. Yes, I was wrong about Sony's pricing, but that too, is irrelevant.

Let me break it down real simple-like for you: Little Joey doesn't see a problem with paying 100 pennies for 100 pieces of penny candy. Little Joey will not, however, pay 50 pennies for 25 pieces of penny candy, even though the absolute cost is lower. Little Joey doesn't want to pay 2 pennies for 1 penny worth of goods. Simple economics. :tard:

MiaBran October 21st, 2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1172784)
First off, I didn't put it that way, cause I don't spell "whiny" with an 'e.'

Second, I never once said that $500 is OK by me. This is corroborated by the fact that I have no intention of buying the system for that price. I simply said that $500 represents a better bargain than the $250 Wii, since the consumers that purchase the PS3 get significantly more for their money, IMO.

The point that you clearly don't get is that the absolute cost is irrelevant. $500 is just fine if you get $500 of functionality out of it, while $250 is unacceptable if it doesn't provide $250 of functionality. Yes, I was wrong about Sony's pricing, but that too, is irrelevant.

Let me break it down real simple-like for you: Little Joey doesn't see a problem with paying 100 pennies for 100 pieces of penny candy. Little Joey will not, however, pay 50 pennies for 25 pieces of penny candy, even though the absolute cost is lower. Little Joey doesn't want to pay 2 pennies for 1 penny worth of goods. Simple economics. :tard:

You do realize you're arguing with DG right? :confused: :saywhat:

DG October 21st, 2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1172784)

Yea, it's simple if the candy's the same.

But if you need to have everything that simple in your world, that's fine. But I don't think it is that simple to you or you wouldn't be ranting in the Nintendo forum about it.

Pahn October 21st, 2006 07:08 PM

I'm ranting about it?

I just think it's an underpowered piece of kit. You and that other guy can't seem to understand how something that costs less can be a poorer value.

And the candies ARE the same, because they're symbols for system value.

But it's all gravy, man. Enjoy your PS2 (about damn time).

bigloser August 6th, 2012 12:09 AM

Pretty funny looking back on this thread and realizing the 360 has pretty much only dropped $100 in almost 7 years.

turningpoint August 6th, 2012 08:47 AM

How are they selling anyways?

bigloser August 6th, 2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1584362)
How are they selling anyways?

360 has been the best selling console in North America for something like 18 straight months. But it's basically dead in Japan, and only doing so-so in Europe.

turningpoint August 6th, 2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigloser (Post 1584396)
360 has been the best selling console in North America for something like 18 straight months. But it's basically dead in Japan, and only doing so-so in Europe.

That can all be attributed to COD probably.

Would be interesting if MS was able to find out a way to Sign an exclusive rights to the COD franchise on xbox720, it would pretty much end Sony having a shot.

MS has the money to do it, while i don't think Sony does.

bigloser August 6th, 2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turningpoint (Post 1584404)
That can all be attributed to COD probably.

Would be interesting if MS was able to find out a way to Sign an exclusive rights to the COD franchise on xbox720, it would pretty much end Sony having a shot.

MS has the money to do it, while i don't think Sony does.

Rumor has it that last month Vivendi, Activision-Blizzard's (World of Warcraft, Call of Duty, Starcraft, Diablo, etc) parent company went to Microsoft and offered them majority ownership of Activision/Blizzard and Microsoft didn't bite.