PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Has anybody actually beat MDK2?

Indra
November 25th, 2000, 02:46 PM
Be honest....

Im just curious. Ive had the game for a few weeks now, and I'm on level 6. (out of 9 i believe...)

Damn, this game is a lot of fun, but its pretty fricking hard. I totally suggest that anyone who's a fan of action games go pick this one up right away. Quake's lackluster efforts simply pale in comparison http://www.consolecity.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
Censorship does far more damage than any 4 letter word ever could...

scribbler
November 26th, 2000, 02:55 AM
yes i did beat it, but i did have to use a faq for some of the dumbest puzzles in a game in a long time(theres no way you would be able to figure some of the puzzles with using a faq).

though, the part that makes no sence is that you critize ecco for being hard(to the point where you would not finish it), and like mdk2 even though its much harder(it gives no clues at all to puzzels and most dont dont make much sence other that just trying to be hard).

Quake's lackluster efforts simply pale in comparison quake is just plain mulitplayer action game with the only puzzle of trying to kill your oppponet with out dying where as mdk2 is a 1 player action adventure game which requires you 90% of the time beating the level instead of your opponent. 2 totally differnt games to compare agaisnt. though, i dont like either game any ways.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/scribbler1of3/dribbles.gif

its better to lite the candle than to curse the darkness

[This message has been edited by scribbler (edited November 26, 2000).]

Indra
November 26th, 2000, 03:08 AM
Im starting to get the feeling that you read my posts quite closely. In any event...

hmmmm... nope. I dont beleive i ever said Ecco was too hard. I did however state that it was vague, unbalanced and unrewarding. You are right about some of the puzzles in MDK2 though. On average i have had to refer to an faq about once per level.

And by comparing Q3 and MDK2, IMO, the single player/multiplayer factor has nothing to do with it. They are both action shooters that provide you with the same thrill... its just that MDK2 is overall ore injoyable. Im not saying the two games are exactly the same, but placing them side by side ISNT akin to comparing apples and oranges. More like red apples and green apples.

------------------

scribbler
November 26th, 2000, 03:46 AM
I dont beleive i ever said Ecco was too hard. so you didnt beat it cause was easy?

I did however state that it was vague one thing that makes no sence to me. either the doplhins would tell you what you needed to do, or the the crystals would. i dint know how the game could be more clear other than having the same voice system that buring rangers had.

unbalanced and unrewarding to other things that make no sence to me for playing ecco. the game started off hard(but not frustrating like mdk2) and it always kept at that pace. i would also like to know what mdk2 rewarded that ecco didnt.

And by comparing Q3 and MDK2, IMO, the single player/multiplayer factor has nothing to do with it. sure it does. when one game is only meant to be played with other people, and the other game is meant to be played alone, thats to big huge differences.

They are both action shooters that provide you with the same thrillwhy didnt you compare house of the dead 2 or zombie revenge with mdk2. both games in their simplest forms can vey easyily be called action shooters, but its commen sence that all 4 games are totally different from each other.

------------------

[This message has been edited by scribbler (edited November 26, 2000).]

Imploding Voice
November 26th, 2000, 11:39 AM
Q3 has an everlasting challenge advantage over MDK2, human AI. http://www.consolecity.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
I'll never be the shine in your spit.
*blank expression*

Indra
November 26th, 2000, 12:49 PM
well scrib, sorry to ruin your day, but i simply dont agree.

------------------

Indra
November 26th, 2000, 12:58 PM
and for the love of god, its not sence, its sense.

and i really dont see why you freaking out at on such a mudane topic. Its like youre trying to start an argument. I didnt think ecco was fun, but i thought MDK2 was a blast. You dont find any similarities between it and quake, i do. Oh well. i guess thats why im me and youre you.

and Imploding Voice>> I totally see you point about the human AI, but when i play quake three, the only thing that i can distinguish between bots and humans is

a)Humans have stupid names such as "Yo Mumma" or "Bitch ass killa"

and

b)Humans camp and cheat, and say really stupid things.

Seriously though, this is just IMO. I have always hated online gaming in all its forms. probablly cause i hate people http://www.consolecity.com/forum/smile.gif

So in any event, lets get back to the original question:

Has anyone here actually beaten MDK2?

------------------

Moon Tears
November 26th, 2000, 02:56 PM
http://www.geocities.com/kellys_master/afro-moon.jpg http://www.geocities.com/kellys_master/slave1.jpg

And people wonder why scribbler's one of my favorite posters. (dead serious, no sarcasm)

I haven't beaten the game yet (MDK2), I've only played it a few times, and while difficult I don't think that it's impossible. I never refer to FAQ guides, strategy walkthroughs (what a contradition there) or anything of the sort when playing a video game.

I do prefer single player games to multipler on average and I believe that ANY 2 video games can be compared to one another.

I can compare Ecco to MDK, or Unreal tournament to Pac-man. It's up to ME what I like more, what I think looks and plays better and what I feel is more fun. When I compare something I'm the one setting the standards in which to judge them, not someone else.

We pretty much all compare games that have little to do with one another when we go to the store (least we own all the games available or purchase them all at once). We decide what game we want over another and we base it on a wide variety of things. Madden or Cannon Spike, DOA2 or Rayman 2, Shenmue or Jet Grind Radio, ect.

For the record...I think that Ecco's a better game and I like it more then MDK2.

~Peace!~

------------------
Extremist view of the week:

yeah she (Denilynn from K-board) was cool and all but she definatly was far from hot,she was real bitchy 2.id rather fuck a sappy hole in a tree then 2 hit them skins.i can make a 2 minute phone call and get better skins then that in less than an hour.if u guys cant get hotter girls then her i feel for u.

punisher,im sorry if i offended u or your friend.I might be sad and shallow but i speak what i think and what i think is the truth.if u think shes hot good for u,if u wanna knock around her bearded bisquit good for u,looks like me and ceril might have a brain though.

-- The Juggla

How Extreme are YOU fanboy?

Indra
November 26th, 2000, 03:37 PM
I can compare Ecco to MDK, or Unreal tournament to Pac-man. It's up to ME what I like more, what I think looks and plays better and what I feel is more fun. When I compare something I'm the one setting the standards in which to judge them, not someone else.

amen brother.

------------------

Imploding Voice
November 26th, 2000, 09:38 PM
The only difference is the name? Damn, who have you been playing? Bots follow a distinct routine of movement and paths. (shallow, boring, and mediocre) Bots cheat using auto aim and follow up on immediate armor flow, health, etc. I've honestly played some people that were impossible to beat online. Humans think, use strategy, strife; again...I'll say, who have you been playing to ever reefer an artificial intelligence in a game to an actual human player? It's simply not possible. As mediocre as some people can be, when I get online and play someone on NFL2K1 or Q3, I get the most realistic, fun, engaging, real AI there is. One that thinks, reacts, and talks, annoying or not. I don't see how you can possibly not enjoy online gaming, just knowing you're playing another person...and not some...robot.

------------------
I'll never be the shine in your spit.
*blank expression*

[This message has been edited by Imploding Voice (edited November 26, 2000).]

Indra
November 26th, 2000, 11:57 PM
I don't see how you can possibly not enjoy online gaming, just knowing you're playing another person...and not some...robot

thats just the thing exactly.. I dont want to play some other person. If there is one thing that i learned in my 19 years on this planet, its that, believe it or not, most people are assholes. Ultima Online was by far the worst game i ever played. Goddamn dickheads, PKs and cheaters everywhere. Ever since i guess ive just had a terrible view on online gaming. And honestly, i simply dont notice the difference between humans and bots. Overal i probablly only logged about 40 or so hours on Q3, online and off, so i guess i just wasnt experienced enough to notice the patterns that bots move in. Humans however I did find more predictable. See rocket launcher. Get rocket launcher. Look for campout. See campout. Camp. Fire rocket launcher. Make poor taste annoying comments about those who you are shooting at.

Anywho, as i stated before, this was just my experience with quake. Yours was probablly much more positive.

I guess the main point is i have never really seen gaming as a social event. To me, playing a good game is like reading a good book. I prefer to be on my own, or possibly with one or two good friends. I like to wind down, not get all fired up. (Probablly why i suck so much at action games http://www.consolecity.com/forum/smile.gif )

But its all just my opinion, and yours is of course, just as valid.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Indra (edited November 26, 2000).]

Swirlie
November 27th, 2000, 12:01 AM
Don't worry about Scribbler Indy. Everytime he speaks, I want to get him some toilet paper so he can wipe his mouth. http://www.consolecity.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
Midgets will rule the earth, but only for a short time!

Indra
November 27th, 2000, 12:17 AM
LMAO

------------------

scribbler
November 27th, 2000, 04:35 AM
I can compare Ecco to MDK, or Unreal tournament to Pac-man. It's up to ME what I like more, what I think looks and plays better and what I feel is more fun. yes you can compare any game to each other. though, to be fair, all indra compared between the 2 games was that they were both action shooters. i guess its ok to leave vague remarks abut game for its my "opinion."

When I compare something I'm the one setting the standards in which to judge them, not someone else.though, when your comparison is for other people to read, it whould at least half way make sense shouldnt it(other wise your going to have people question what the hell your talking about?

We pretty much all compare games that have little to do with one another when we go to the store (least we own all the games available or purchase them all at once). We decide what game we want over another and we base it on a wide variety of things. Madden or Cannon Spike, DOA2 or Rayman 2, Shenmue or Jet Grind Radio, ect.
how exactly does that have to do with indra's comparison?

Don't worry about Scribbler Indy. Everytime he speaks, I want to get him some toilet paper so he can wipe his mouth. leave it to the hyprocrite to call the kettle black.

------------------

[This message has been edited by scribbler (edited November 27, 2000).]

Moon Tears
November 27th, 2000, 12:43 PM
http://www.geocities.com/kellys_master/afro-moon.jpg http://www.geocities.com/kellys_master/slave1.jpg

I think Indra's already given the basis of the comparison, though possible to an unsatisfactory degree.

"That one game was lacked luster and the other didn't so much", if at all. That's his opinion. I agree that he could have gone into more detail as far as what one game lacked luster IN...but I think that the main focus of the discussion was supposed to be if anyone here has actually MDK2.

-- Luna

how exactly does that have to do with indra's comparison?

-- Scribbler

This quote doesn't DETAIL the reason that Indra feels one's better then the other by comparison, that wasn't it's intended purpose, it only reinforces the notion that we CAN compare games of different genre's to SOME degree..."period".

The criteria is up to the individual, and again, Indra could have given more detail as to why HE felt that these two things could be compared to one another...but the differences between the two weren't the intended focus of this topic and wouldn't have been worth the effort.

Well...perhaps that's not totally true. It may have been considering where this conversation's gone.

I suppose my stance is that I aggree that you BOTH have points, you're simply on two different pages of discussion is the thing.

~Peace!~

------------------
Extremist view of the week:

yeah she (Denilynn from K-board) was cool and all but she definatly was far from hot,she was real bitchy 2.id rather fuck a sappy hole in a tree then 2 hit them skins.i can make a 2 minute phone call and get better skins then that in less than an hour.if u guys cant get hotter girls then her i feel for u.

punisher,im sorry if i offended u or your friend.I might be sad and shallow but i speak what i think and what i think is the truth.if u think shes hot good for u,if u wanna knock around her bearded bisquit good for u,looks like me and ceril might have a brain though.

-- The Juggla

How Extreme are YOU fanboy?

[This message has been edited by Moon Tears (edited November 27, 2000).]