PDA

View Full Version : Pucker up, and kiss Sega's ass!

Swirlie
November 20th, 2000, 07:50 PM
This pisses me off. Everywhere I go now, I see places pushing DC. This is great too, but it is funny how retailers, who pissed on Sega and DC in the beginning, are now saying how great it is. Places like my Software Etc., who banished DC and it's games to the very back of the store, now have signs everywhere touting DC and Shenmue as the greatest thing. No shit. Bunch of fairwether fans. These are the same places that tried to convince people how great PS2 would be over DC. Sure I wanted one, but I NEVER tried to sway someone away from DC.

This will all change when SONY starts producing more consoles. DC will become the "red-headed step child"(no offense to you red headed step kids http://www.consolecity.com/forum/smile.gif)once again and PS2 will become "the shit"(instead of POS). Hopefully SEGA will really benefit from this enough to have a HUGE installed user base, and be etched into the publics mind the way the "other" console is.

------------------
Shenmue: The greatest game ever.

Splort
November 21st, 2000, 07:59 PM
Whatever is the big thing is what the stores will try to sell. When the PS2 was announced, but DCs were in the stores, they tried to say it was crap. Then when it got close to PS2 time and all that software was on the shelf, they dumped the DC and said the PS2 was the king. Now that no one can find a PS2 and all they can sell is DCs, they are putting them back in the front of the store.
Never trust a store to tell you what's good. They are only trying to sell you what they have, or what will make the most profit.

------------------
"Ahh! The Atmosphere!"
"Ahh!"