PDA

View Full Version : Things you want to see in NFL2K2

Swirlie
November 16th, 2000, 06:59 PM
This game is pretty much perfect(pretty much the key words)the way it is, except for the blocky players. So besides a tiny graphic overhaul, what do you want to see changed or redone in next years pig skin event?

I would like to see the following:

1.Online play using the broadband adapter. Make it compatible with the old 56k'er too.

2.Make the crowd get into the game more. In Madden for PS2, when a guy on your team gets "hot", the crowd chants his name. I would like to see the same in 2K2.

3.Have multiple tackles register on the opposing player, instead of just the first tackler who gets to him. Harder hits.

4.In franchise mode, players retire too early. This needs to be fixed.

5.The way your defense gets "sucked" into a block. If you are trying to get to the ball carrier and you are getting blocked, say goodbye to the ballcarrier. Fix it.

------------------
Shenmue: The greatest game ever.

Glacius
November 16th, 2000, 10:09 PM
Hmmmm, lesse

I'd like for them to tone down the juke a little and make it more realistic.

I'd also like to see a more realistic stiff arm animation. When you watch real football and a little cornerback gets stiff armed by Jamal Lewis, his head gets pushed back and the rest of the animation if hard to describe, but you should understand what I mean.

I'd also like them to get rid of the superman diving tackles, this never happens in the NFL, so it has no place out of arcade mode.

------------------
The purpose of war isn't to die for your country, but to make the other bastards die for theirs!!!

"HOW'S MY TYPING?"

I guess I'm racist cuz I'm Prejudiced against every color but green.

G.L.A.C.I.U.S.
The General
Lifelike
Android
Calibrated for Infiltration and Ultimate Sabotage

Swirlie
November 16th, 2000, 10:16 PM
Yeah it would be cool seeing Deion's neck getting snapped back by Eddie George's stiff arm. I think that the dive move DOES need to be toned down, but not to the level on Madden 2001 on PS2. They dont dive, they just kind of fall down in place.

I would like to see a player edit mode, where you can add things like eye black, different mouthpieces, change the look of the face mask,add elbow pads, or even change the players number.

I hate the fact that Carl Pickens is #18 in the game, and #86 in real life. Just little things, nothing major really needs to be done.

------------------

Razor
November 16th, 2000, 10:20 PM
1. Bump and run coverage too good - receivers take to long to get off coverage (I.E. turn down blitz effectiveness)

2. Fix the punt blocking bug

3. Make it possible to block a field goal (anyone ever done this?)

4. The hits are too motion captured. I wanna belt a guy with John Lynch and lay him out across the field. In this game, hard hits are when the guy gets thrown. (Ya know when he rolls a bit then struggles to get up)

5. Multiplayer touchdown animations. GRENADE!

6. Fix those "quick outs"

and more as I think of it...

BTW Swirlie, there was one chant I heard from the crowd - I only head it once. I sacked the Qb with Jevon Kearse (FREAK) and the crowd went wild - "FREAK! FREAK! FREAK!"

have you found anyone else?

------------------
more skittles

Swirlie
November 16th, 2000, 10:42 PM
I havent heard that Razor. I played a full season with the Titans too. Maybe I need to turn the volume up a little. The crowd in NY chants J E T S jets jets jets though. That is cool. 2 words:multiple collisions.

------------------

Razor
November 16th, 2000, 10:59 PM
yeah

I play with "Crowd Noise" and "Player Voices" (or sumthin) all the way up. Makes it a little more real when you hear the crowd drown out the announcers and the players taunting each other. ok well your not supposed to hear taunting but who cares

------------------
more skittles

NFL2K1
November 16th, 2000, 11:12 PM
1. I would like NFL 2K2 to have a brand new feature where you're able to create your own players name, and have the announcer say it , if you make a big play.

I wouldn't want to be able to Create A Player, because then, everyone would maxiumize (sp?) their speed and power (which would be fake cause players would be running 100miles an hr down the field)

2. I want cheerleaders!

3. (you're going to hate me for this Swirlie...) I want doctors, carts, and ambulances on the field, if the player is hurt depending upon how badly injured he is.

4. I want real time weather (like in Shenmue) I notice nothing different when it rains or snows (except for the cool looking weather effect) I feel it doesn't infect the play of the game (just my opinion)

5. Online play - I want to be able to Instant Message someone in chat room and have a 'buddie list' and alert when he/she comes online.

I also want (what NBA 2K1 already has) an ignore button to shut the 'trash talkers' up during game play. I know it's part of the game but sometimes they can get really out of hand.

6. Last but not least, I hope NFL 2K2 will have the new Mile High Staidum to play in! I'm sure they will add it in but you never know, there might not be enough room for it, if they add other features. Either way, ill be happy, as long as I get to play my BRONCOS http://www.consolecity.com/forum/smile.gif

Swirlie - I read your post about 'is anybody still playing NFL 2K1?' My answer, YES! I am always playing it. Hmm...I think that game gets played more than JGR and Shenmue put together! MAN I LOVE PRO FOOTBALL! Oh, yeah, I'd like to play you some time Swirlie! But just to forewarn ya, I'll most likely pick the BRONCOS (cause I'm from DEN,CO) but if you want to be them, then I will be the Vikes http://www.consolecity.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups!

scribbler
November 17th, 2000, 02:14 AM
actually add some ai to the db's(they go for the ball when they're not supposed to and block the ball when its coming right at them) and the offensive lineman(i dont know how many times ive seen three lineman run past a defender they were supose to block).

fix the collision problem(defensive players arms go right through a running back legs way to many times on a dive they should of missed, balls going right through a db chest/arms/leg into the wide recevier hands, etc)

allow us to beable to go into the option screen online with out forcing the player your playing against to go in there as well.

allow us to beable to use our saves online.

fix the whole freeze and slow motion every time theres some packetloss.

redo the whole running game so that it focuses having people being out of balance and power(like in virtua tennis).

give a bunch of pre text commands to talk to people when you dont have a keyboard(sorta like 4x4 evo).

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/scribbler1of3/dribbles.gif

its better to lite the candle than to curse the darkness

[This message has been edited by scribbler (edited November 17, 2000).]

Viper
November 17th, 2000, 04:48 AM
NFL2K1: Are you still in Colorado? If so, where at?

I drove by the new stadium the other day, and they're moving along quickly on that thing. Looks really cool so far, all wavy and such.

That thing dwarfs mile high though, and it isn't THAT much bigger. =)

------------------
Jay "Viper" Klehr

ConsoleCity www.consolecity.com (http://www.consolecity.com)

[This message has been edited by Viper (edited November 17, 2000).]

Exodus
November 17th, 2000, 07:34 AM
Here is what I want:

1)Cheerleaders

2)Chearleader nudity mode

3)Use the DOA2 graphics engine, and make the players 2D sprites to save on polys for the Cheerleaders

4)Cheerleader mini-games like "peek up the skirt" and such...

I suppose then I'd get it.

------------------
Best Games Ever Played
----------------------
Afterburner (Sega - Arcade)
Final Fantasy (Square - NES)
Guardian Heroes (Treasure - Sega Saturn)
Gunstar Heroes (Treasure - Sega Genesis)
Shenmue:Chapter 1 Yokosuka (Yu Suzuki - Dreamcast)
Tecmo Super Bowl (Tecmo - NES)