PDA

View Full Version : So I was four-wheeling yesterday and...

SmAsHeD IxNaY
May 12th, 2003, 09:38 AM
I was driving through these orange groves I was hitting about 50, I crossed a dirt road that divided the groves pretty hard and switched down into gears because I remember a turn coming up. Next thing I know I was taking the turn and I blacked out. About an hour later I woke up in my brother-in-laws truck and asked him what happened and he said, " damn " and started to laugh a bit at me in a joking way cause I couldn't remember a thing. They said that I took the turn pretty sharp and fell off, in the process it flipped 2x and once landed on my leg and I hit the ground pretty hard. They asked if I wanted to go to hospital, but I just said take me home. I took a shower and fell asleep pretty much the rest of the day. I dislocated my shoulder and spanged my ankle (or broke, I never broke anything before so wouldn't know lol) or something because I can't even walk on it. I'm thinking about going to the hospital to have them check it out. My pinky and finger next to it are feeling real tingly (like when you sleep on your arm and wake up and it tingles), well, I got that feeling in them right now, but I can move them. I can barely use my right arm right now, it still hurts. I'm sure most 4-wheeling trips are fun, but this one sucked, lol.

KidRockDog
May 12th, 2003, 10:31 AM
HICK!

:rolleyes:

Yeah, that sounds like a typical 4-wheeler wreck. Were there people around to witness your fall?

Also, how do you know you dislocated your shoulder?

Of course you need to go to the doctor, esspecially if your fingers are tingling. If you did indeed dislocate your shoulder (and get it back into place) you could have a pinched nerve, or it could be still slightly out of place. They may have to pop it back out and in again.

The longer you wait, the worse it's gonna hurt.

Esspecially if your ankle IS broken.

Sucks for you.

speKtor
May 12th, 2003, 02:16 PM
bah, doctors suck. the only time i went to the doctor for any of my various injuries was when i riding on a sled behind a snowmobile and smashed my head into a unpadded football upright at 35 mph. i slept/passed out for 2 days before my parents dragged me to the hospital. turns out, i had a concussion.

SmAsHeD IxNaY
May 12th, 2003, 04:13 PM
None of the people I was with saw me, but there was some kids outside a house that seen me and they said they saw it flip and it looked like it ran over my leg. I believe that cause my leg is in pain right now, lol. My fingers are starting to kick back in and I'm starting to be able to move them more and more like I used to.
As for my shoulder, one of my brother-in-law's friend said when I was knocked out he popped it into place or did something with it cause it looked like it was outta socket or something. My shoulder does hurt right now, but it's start ing to feel better and better as time goes by. If I don't have full movement of my fingers tomorrow, I'm gonna go to a doctor then.

Erbs
May 12th, 2003, 04:41 PM
yea, doctor might be smart heh.

SmAsHeD IxNaY
May 12th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Damn fingers still tingling! I'm going to doctor for sure tomorrow if they haven't stopped. My Mom just told me it's a nerve cause I banged my arm up pretty good and that's what's causing it probably. I still can move it and junk, so I know it's alright some. This sucks, lol.

KidRockDog
May 12th, 2003, 08:55 PM
God damn, go to the fucking doctor. If you have something pretty seriously fucked up in there, the more time you waste, the worse off you'll be.

You want to have minimal use of your fingers for the rest of your life just to be tough and save a few hundred dollars? :rolleyes:

speKtor
May 13th, 2003, 01:15 AM
if the doctors there are anything like the ones i went to when i fucked up my knee, they will give you anti-imflammatories and tell you to take it easy.

then 5-6 years later you will have to get surgery. fucking doctors.

SmAsHeD IxNaY
May 13th, 2003, 03:17 PM
I got more movement in it. It just feels like it's jammed now, so I'm not gonna go to a doctor. It feels better than it did yesterday, so it's healing and feeling better.

twEAkz
May 13th, 2003, 03:39 PM
Spray windex on it!

278lives4ever
May 13th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by SmAsHeD IxNaY
I was driving through these orange groves I was hitting about 50, I crossed a dirt road that divided the groves pretty hard and switched down into gears because I remember a turn coming up. Next thing I know I was taking the turn and I blacked out. About an hour later I woke up in my brother-in-laws truck and asked him what happened and he said, " damn " and started to laugh a bit at me in a joking way cause I couldn't remember a thing. They said that I took the turn pretty sharp and fell off, in the process it flipped 2x and once landed on my leg and I hit the ground pretty hard. They asked if I wanted to go to hospital, but I just said take me home. I took a shower and fell asleep pretty much the rest of the day. I dislocated my shoulder and spanged my ankle (or broke, I never broke anything before so wouldn't know lol) or something because I can't even walk on it. I'm thinking about going to the hospital to have them check it out. My pinky and finger next to it are feeling real tingly (like when you sleep on your arm and wake up and it tingles), well, I got that feeling in them right now, but I can move them. I can barely use my right arm right now, it still hurts. I'm sure most 4-wheeling trips are fun, but this one sucked, lol.

no1 cares hick..

SmAsHeD IxNaY
May 14th, 2003, 12:03 AM
A day late to call me a hick eh? KRD already called me one also. Don't get mad Peter because your thread sucks and I told you the truth.

facetofaceDCN
May 16th, 2003, 12:41 AM
i don't remember anything since last january

Erbs
May 16th, 2003, 12:44 AM
I dont remember last night.:)

KidRockDog
May 16th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by SmAsHeD IxNaY
A day late to call me a hick eh? KRD already called me one also. Don't get mad Peter because your thread sucks and I told you the truth.

Mine was sarcasm, because I knew someone would say something about it.

SmAsHeD IxNaY
May 16th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by KidRockDog
Mine was sarcasm, because I knew someone would say something about it.

Yea, I figured yours was ;). Anyways, I pretty much got all movement on my hands. My elbow area is still bruised, but I can still move my hand around and everything, but just can't put pressure on my hand or it prob. will break then, lol.