PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Cheese

Overkill
May 5th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Appearently the French are now selling American cheese as 'idiot cheese' as a way of getting back at us for renaming fench fries as freedom fries. Appearently there are idiot cheese commercials airing in France and Germany.

I'd love to see one, this sounds funny.

I can't say that I didn't see this coming, though.

Vid Gamer
May 5th, 2003, 08:04 PM
LMAO.

"Idiot cheese." Good one :rolleyes:.

Let's just drop a nuke on em'.

BIG MIKE
May 5th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Bah!~ screw `em!

Shoulda let the damn germans have `em. Ungrateful pricks!

misfits138
May 5th, 2003, 11:03 PM
fuck em! lets strap a few rockets to the back of the statue of liberty and send it into the center of paris. we can make our own statue and it'll be better looking too with big titties and wearing a thong.

molsonmuscle
May 5th, 2003, 11:27 PM
lol, how can u be mad about that, seriously? you did it to them so what goes around comes around,

misfits138
May 5th, 2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by molsonmuscle
lol, how can u be mad about that, seriously? you did it to them so what goes around comes around,

french have been talking shit about americans long before the whole freedom fries thing.

molsonmuscle
May 5th, 2003, 11:38 PM
and like the americans don't talk shit about other countries, as a canadian i always get talked down to by americans if i am down there, i had my car keyed at a hockey game that i was playing in in minot n.d. the person keyed fuck canada on my car. i lost alot of respect for your country when that happened

misfits138
May 6th, 2003, 12:14 AM
and like the americans don't talk shit about other countries, as a canadian i always get talked down to by americans if i am down there, i had my car keyed at a hockey game that i was playing in in minot n.d. the person keyed fuck canada on my car. i lost alot of respect for your country when that happened

damn that sucks.

Overkill
May 6th, 2003, 03:58 AM

My car has been keyed twice and I live here! But no where near as bad as what happened to you.

st_trooper
May 6th, 2003, 05:32 AM
and like the americans don't talk shit about other countries, as a canadian i always get talked down to by americans if i am down there, i had my car keyed at a hockey game that i was playing in in minot n.d. the person keyed fuck canada on my car. i lost alot of respect for your country when that happened One American keyed your car and you lost respect for our country?

That's like me saying I lost all respect for Canada b/c you lumped all Americans together.

molsonmuscle
May 6th, 2003, 07:21 PM
troop, it wasn't just that, alot of our players had their cars egged etc, we were being booed by their fans etc, at a 16 and under age group hockey game and parents were yelling obsenities at us etc. that was just the worst example of what happened at that game.

mountpanic
May 7th, 2003, 03:34 AM
Why on earth would the French even want American cheese? You can't round the corner without tripping over another cheesemaker.

This whole bag-on-the-French thing is just pathetic. It would be more pitiful if it wasn't so enfuriating. Every time a narrow-minded American gets upset at France (generally because they refuse to be bullied by our government) it's always, "Why those ungrateful...!" and "We shouldn't have ...!" Nevermind that we might still be a Commonwealth if the French hadn't gotten our backs in the Revolution. But ultimately, it's not about keeping score of who helped whom, because that's just what allies do, even if they disagree sometimes.

This whole "if you're not with us you're against us" shit is strictly playground. What are these guys, 6 years old? If Americans don't want to be teased as idiots, then Americans would do well to quit electing idiots.

My folks just got back from France, and they were treated excellently. Far better, I have NO doubt, than French tourists would be treated here.

misfits138
May 7th, 2003, 03:45 AM
america didn't make bush president... florida did.:D

leo
May 7th, 2003, 05:28 AM
im canadian

st_trooper
May 7th, 2003, 05:52 AM
troop, it wasn't just that, alot of our players had their cars egged etc, we were being booed by their fans etc, at a 16 and under age group hockey game and parents were yelling obsenities at us etc. that was just the worst example of what happened at that game. My point still remains, replace "One American" with "one group of Americans".

You're stereotyping an American based on one incident.

Skeptor stereotypes too. What is up with that shit?

st_trooper
May 7th, 2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by mountpanic
Why on earth would the French even want American cheese? You can't round the corner without tripping over another cheesemaker.

This whole bag-on-the-French thing is just pathetic. It would be more pitiful if it wasn't so enfuriating. Every time a narrow-minded American gets upset at France (generally because they refuse to be bullied by our government) it's always, "Why those ungrateful...!" and "We shouldn't have ...!" Nevermind that we might still be a Commonwealth if the French hadn't gotten our backs in the Revolution. But ultimately, it's not about keeping score of who helped whom, because that's just what allies do, even if they disagree sometimes.

This whole "if you're not with us you're against us" shit is strictly playground. What are these guys, 6 years old? If Americans don't want to be teased as idiots, then Americans would do well to quit electing idiots.

My folks just got back from France, and they were treated excellently. Far better, I have NO doubt, than French tourists would be treated here. I think you're reading too much into the whole matter.

I'm sure France and every other country in this world has the same narrow-minded people whospit shit out of the their mouths without thinking about what happened 200 years ago.

And if a French person would visit the states, I'm sure they'd be treated "excellently".

Orinoco Flow
May 7th, 2003, 06:21 AM
troop, it wasn't just that, alot of our players had their cars egged etc, we were being booed by their fans etc, at a 16 and under age group hockey game and parents were yelling obsenities at us etc. that was just the worst example of what happened at that game.

Yeah, and we all know Canadians could never do anything like that and would never make any sort of anti-U.S. stance.

BIG MIKE
May 7th, 2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by st_trooper

And if a French person would visit the states, I'm sure they'd be treated "excellently".

Hmmmmm, not by me. I'd kick `em in the nuts!

Orinoco Flow
May 7th, 2003, 07:48 AM

My folks just got back from France, and they were treated excellently. Far better, I have NO doubt, than French tourists would be treated here.Oh, bull.

It has never been a matter of "if you're not with us you're against us" as you put it. It's been more a question of whether or not France was ever a TRUE friend.

You know, there's friends and then there's friends that make nice when it's convenient and stab you in the back when you're true to yourself and won't be manipulated into doing what's convenient for your fair weather friends. In that view France hasn't been a friend in a long time and perhaps never was.

As for the Revolutionary War; why did the French help us then? Was it out of genuine altruism and friendship? Or was it more because of France's own conflict with England, a large conflict with its colonies and eventual loss would be a thorn in Britain's side, and as such it would serve France's own purposes. It was convenient for France and it was never as if they gave a damn about us. Further, that was about 220 years ago.

Then there's WW2. Why were the French our allies then? Of course because they were conquered by the Nazis and needed the U.S. and the British to liberate them. How much longer could their underground resistance hold out without Allied help?

Then after the war what did DeGaulle do? After all the hoopla of being so grateful to the U.S. had died down, he looks around and sees that France is not a huge world power. He looks again and sees that the U.S. is a world superpower. This really frosts him. He sees that the only chance France ever has of becoming a real world power is if the U.S. is brought down a few pegs or hopefully even more. Well, he doesn't see much use in opposing then communist Russia and he knows the U.S. will be more tolerant. He starts making little cheap shots against the U.S. and makes noises that are supportive of anyone that opposes the U.S. whenever feasible that he can get away with it. Whenever politically feasible, the French government takes positions in the U.N. that it hopes will be a detriment to the U.S. world political situation. When DeGaulle is gone these practices of the French government continue.

However, not till now has France gone so far in risking losing the status of being regarded as a friend to the U.S. which before would have been too great a political loss and a loss as a political buffer zone. Rather France had hoped to rally world opposition to U.S. goals (including opposition from within as had been seen with the Vietnam War) to paint the U.S. as the bad guy. As well as counting on the harm that would be done to the U.S. by being discredited, France also counted on delays and opposition for Bush's efforts for getting approval for war to breed uncertainty in the stock market and further weaking this nation.

As well, France and Russia had great mercantile interests in Iraq including oil contracts and in weapons sales. Hence, France and Russia would face financial losses by a U.S. liberation of Iraq.

molsonmuscle
May 7th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by OrinocoFlow
Yeah, and we all know Canadians could never do anything like that and would never make any sort of anti-U.S. stance.

if i made an anti-us statement i'd do it in a civil way, i'd either state my opinion in a public forum (such as this) or keep it to myself, i wouldnt' write it on your car with a key

Erbs
May 7th, 2003, 10:04 PM
you can drink beer at 18 in canada. how could you not respect a country like that.

molsonmuscle
May 7th, 2003, 10:17 PM
don't forget we just loosened our pot laws, no more criminal record for simple possesion, i like that :)

mountpanic
May 7th, 2003, 11:12 PM
It has never been a matter of "if you're not with us you're against us" as you put it.

Hm, I must have missed Bush's subtle mastery of the English language when he actually SAID "You're either with us or against us." :rolleyes:

It's been more a question of whether or not France was ever a TRUE friend.

Sometimes a TRUE friend has to tell you when you're acting like a drunken ass.

You know, there's friends and then there's friends that make nice when it's convenient and stab you in the back when you're true to yourself and won't be manipulated into doing what's convenient for your fair weather friends. In that view France hasn't been a friend in a long time and perhaps never was.

What, they "stabbed us in the back" because they had a different opinion and were true to themselves? Because they wouldn't let themselves be manipulated into doing what's convenient for a fair-weather friend who immediately held them up to derision and villification when they didn't kowtow to us? Again I must say :rolleyes: .

Your revisionist history is so pathetic I won't even quote it. Hmm, why did the US accept the help of the French in the Revolutionary War? Maybe because they NEEDED it. Why did the US fight to free France in WWII? Maybe because WE had financial interests too. The United Sates is far from the picture of altruistic perfection you seem to think it is. We've been just as flawed, just as self-interested, just as arrogant, just as greedy just as fair-weather, just as corrupt as the next nation, and in many cases, far moreso.

"American Interests" is our rallying cry, and a synonym for "big business profitability."

What disturbs me most is the myopic world view of many Americans, including our current ruling junta. We're so in love with how wonderful we are that we forget, and eventually villify the opinions and freedoms of others. Are we so insecure that we need reliant allies to continually reflect our glory? Are we so fragile that we lash out like a spoiled three year old when one of those allies challenges our self-image? The United States has a chronic case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

I don't expect you to understand this in the spirit it's intended. Like the member of any family, I, and those like me, don't say this to run down our country. We refuse to be enablers for sick behavior, and we want it to get the help that it needs and be as truly great as it has the potential to be.

molsonmuscle
May 7th, 2003, 11:24 PM
and honsetly the u.s didnt' do that much in the european theatres in ww2, canada even without conscription played a more valuable role, we were also in the top 5 militarily at the time, but so was the americans, the americans mainly held their intrest in the pacific theatre and just helped out with supplies mostly on the eastern front. I'm not saying they didn't help, they just never had a huge impact

KidRockDog
May 8th, 2003, 12:21 AM
This is so damn childish. 2 countries are acting like 8 year olds. :o

Sting
May 9th, 2003, 09:46 AM
BLAME CANADA!!

molsonmuscle
May 9th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Sting
BLAME CANADA!!

ooh, there's a witty reply i've never heard before :rolleyes:

speKtor
May 13th, 2003, 02:14 AM
It has never been a matter of "if you're not with us you're against us" as you put it.

Hm, I must have missed Bush's subtle mastery of the English language when he actually SAID "You're either with us or against us." :rolleyes:

lmao.

i cant belive i never read this thread until now.

speKtor
May 13th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by st_trooper
One American keyed your car and you lost respect for our country?

That's like me saying I lost all respect for Canada b/c you lumped all Americans together.

thats bullshit. i can understand completely why molson would lose respect for the country that happened in. just cause it was only one person, not the entire country, does not mean it cant leave a "bad taste" in his mouth and make him not want to go back. its human nature.

if you went to a restaurant and found that someone spit in your food, would you still hold that reastaurant in high opinion cause "it was only one person"? i highly doubt it.

HELLUNLEASHED
May 13th, 2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by KidRockDog
This is so damn childish. 2 countries are acting like 8 year olds. :o

Ok.....Everyone needs a timeout!!

CheeeseHead20
May 22nd, 2003, 08:27 PM
when i first saw this I thought you were calling me an idiot... and how dare they disgrace the name of cheese