PDA

View Full Version : whats the best way to get rid of purple spots on tv screens?

Your Ad Here

misfits138
January 5th, 2003, 04:09 PM
2 purple spots have shown up on my flat screen tv, 1 at the bottom left corner of the screen and 1 at the top right corner,i turned the tv off for a few hours and it seemed to go away for a little bit but showed up again.

the tv hasn't been dropped or moved at all.

ramsfan1
January 5th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Flip Barney.

SPIDERone
January 5th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Do you have anything electrical near it (VCR, DVD Player, Speakers, etc..)?

Sounds like somethings too close to it, thats not magnetically shielded, and made those things.. try and move everything away with it, and see if it goes away..

glufx
January 5th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Yea, there is some kind of magnet(any of the things Spider said) near it ****ing with your pixels.

JDGAFFLIN
January 5th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Find a hammer.(Preferably a 24 pound fiberglasses handled Sledge Hammer made by Columbia **A division of Wilton Machinery*)

Put on a pair of safety glasses.(I recommend The Frosbite* made by Crews of America **Registered trademark of Crews of America. Patents Pending.)

Grab some black electrical tape, and make X's on the spots using the tape. (Empire's model no. 1232 Electrical tape is a solid brand.)

Distance yourself 2-3 feet away from the screen, at a 45 Degree angle.

Swing the sledge, using as much force as you can at the X's. Accuracy is the key.

Sure, you may be left with a mess, but god damn it, those annoying purple spots will be gone for good. And you can take that to the bank.

Glad I could help.

misfits138
January 5th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by SPIDERone
Do you have anything electrical near it (VCR, DVD Player, Speakers, etc..)?

Sounds like somethings too close to it, thats not magnetically shielded, and made those things.. try and move everything away with it, and see if it goes away..

yes yes and yes... well the subwoofer is on the floor next to the entertainment center the tv's sitting in and the vcr and dvd player are in the entertainment center but are separated from the tv by a half inch thick piece of wood... thats weird if it can still mess with the tv.

Overkill
January 6th, 2003, 02:58 AM
Heh, you should take JD's advice.

But really, it sounds like either there's a defect with the TV or something like a speaker is too close.

speKtor
January 6th, 2003, 03:09 AM
stop drinkin, that always works for me. :D

Orinoco Flow
January 6th, 2003, 06:32 AM
It sounds like the speakers.

Speakers have magnets. Quality speakers have even larger magnets. It's the magnets of your speakers.

A half inch isn't very much distance and wood does not provide much shielding against magnetics.

BIG MIKE
January 6th, 2003, 07:21 AM
Well, if your not going to take JD's advice, try this. Take the back of the tv off (don't worry about unplugging it first, unplugging it first is for pussies!) Once inside take a wet washcloth and wash all the circuit boards- probably dust is your culprit here. Once you get the nice and clean, wrap them with tin foil to prevent dust from getting on them again.

glufx
January 6th, 2003, 08:22 AM
I wonder if that will works with computers too... My 550W power supply has gotten really dusty.

Thanks for the tip Mike. :D

BIG MIKE
January 6th, 2003, 12:37 PM
hey, I do what I can :)

misfits138
January 6th, 2003, 03:03 PM
no thanks... i'm not the suicide type.

PhanTuhC
January 6th, 2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by misfits138
2 purple spots have shown up on my flat screen tv, 1 at the bottom left corner of the screen and 1 at the top right corner,i turned the tv off for a few hours and it seemed to go away for a little bit but showed up again.

the tv hasn't been dropped or moved at all.

I had the same problem. It's gone now just wait a while.

natdaddy
January 6th, 2003, 05:56 PM
maybe your stuff isnt magnetically sheilded or somthing.....i have a problem with not getting the speakers to work when i have the satillite tv on...works with dvd but no plain tv....i want to play that sucker on my games dammit!

zortoes
January 6th, 2003, 07:19 PM
windex

natdaddy
January 8th, 2003, 01:31 AM
lol stupid...so stupid....

Your Ad Here